You are searching about Cooking Wild Rabbit In A Slow Cooker, today edu5.info I will share with you article about Cooking Wild Rabbit In A Slow Cooker ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Cooking Wild Rabbit In A Slow Cooker is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||42%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
|Vitamin C 5mg||27%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This simple stewed rabbit is cooked to savory perfection in the slow cooker. Because rabbits have lean meat, it’s easy to overcook it—that results in a tough, dry meal. The slow cooker, though, takes the guesswork out of cooking.
The stew is made with a variety of vegetables and seasonings and is finished with a rich sour cream sauce. If you have fresh herbs, add a few sprigs to the stew. Rosemary and thyme are both excellent choices, as they go well with rabbit, while sage, parsley, and tarragon are some other complementary herbs. If you have only dried herbs, add a few pinches to the stew.
2 rabbits, cleaned and cut up
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 small carrots, sliced
1/2 cup chopped onion
6 ounces canned sliced mushrooms, drained
2 sprigs rosemary, or thyme
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup sour cream
Sprinkle the meat with salt, pepper, and paprika and arrange it in the bowl of a slow cooker. Layer the carrots and onions on top of the meat, along with the mushrooms, if using.
Add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary or thyme to the mixture.
In a bowl, combine the condensed soup with the Worcestershire sauce. Stir the mixture and spoon it over the meat.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, or until the meat is tender and thoroughly cooked. According to the USDA, the minimum safe temperature for rabbit is 160 F.
Add the sour cream, stir gently to blend, and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes longer, or until hot.
Serve the stew with crusty bread or biscuits and a tossed salad.
- While browning the rabbit isn’t necessary, the caramelization will add to the flavor of the dish. To sear the rabbit pieces before putting them in the slow cooker, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the seasoned rabbit pieces (in batches, if necessary) and brown them for about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the browned rabbit pieces to the slow cooker and continue with the recipe.
- You might find fresh or frozen rabbits in the market. If the rabbits are frozen, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight. Rabbit meat should never be placed in the slow cooker frozen.
- This stew may be made with a whole cut-up chicken or pheasant as well.
- If you don’t have fresh herbs on hand, add a few pinches of dried thyme or rosemary.
- If the sauce is too thick, thin it with a small amount of chicken stock or, in a pinch, water.
- Vary the stew with different vegetables, adding some parsnips, potatoes, or rutabaga to the stew to make it a full meal.
- Substitute 1/2 to 1 cup of pearl onions for the chopped onion. They add onion flavor and make for an attractive presentation.
- Make a beer-braised rabbit stew by eliminating the sour cream and cream of mushroom soup and add 12 ounces of a dark beer of your choice.
- For another tasty rabbit recipe, try a hearty rabbit stew with vegetables.
Video about Cooking Wild Rabbit In A Slow Cooker
Question about Cooking Wild Rabbit In A Slow Cooker
If you have any questions about Cooking Wild Rabbit In A Slow Cooker, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Cooking Wild Rabbit In A Slow Cooker was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Cooking Wild Rabbit In A Slow Cooker helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Cooking Wild Rabbit In A Slow Cooker
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 26 60169 2
Search keywords Cooking Wild Rabbit In A Slow Cooker
Cooking Wild Rabbit In A Slow Cooker
way Cooking Wild Rabbit In A Slow Cooker
tutorial Cooking Wild Rabbit In A Slow Cooker
Cooking Wild Rabbit In A Slow Cooker free
Có thể bạn quan tâm: