You are learning about Cornbread Recipe With Corn Kernels And Sour Cream, today we share with you article about Cornbread Recipe With Corn Kernels And Sour Cream ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Cornbread Recipe With Corn Kernels And Sour Cream is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||28%|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Vitamin C 1mg||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Cornbread is easy enough to make and appreciate for its simplicity, as it’s comprised of basic ingredients such as cornmeal, flour, eggs, butter, sugar, and milk. However, you can also think of it as a template you can customize to your tastes by adding and subtracting ingredients that pair well with corn.
But one of the easiest ways to jazz up a basic cornbread is by adding sweet corn, which creates more layers of that sweet and sunny flavor.
Fresh corn is always best if it’s in season, cut straight off the cob, but frozen is nearly as good. Just let the corn thaw and then drain it completely, patting dry if needed. Canned corn also works in a pinch, too, as long as you drain it thoroughly before mixing it into the batter.
Click Play to See This Cornbread Recipe Come Together
“One cup of sifted flour weighs 4 ounces, and the cornbread was perfect with that amount and the 1 cup of cornmeal. I made it twice—once with 1/2 cup of sugar and again with 1/4 cup of sugar. Both were very good. I used thawed frozen corn. It was a quick, easy preparation.” —Diana Rattray
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup half-and-half
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup unsalted butter (or shortening), melted, plus extra for greasing the dish
1/2 cup sugar, optional if you prefer unsweetened cornbread
1 cup sweet corn (fresh, thawed, or canned, drained well)
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Thoroughly grease a 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
Sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
Combine the half-and-half, eggs, butter (or shortening), and sugar (if using).
Add half-and-half mixture to the flour mixture and combine just until the flour is moistened, no more than 10 to 15 seconds. Then fold in the corn, but don’t overmix the batter or your cornbread will be too tough.
Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish and bake the cornbread immediately.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean and the edge of the cornbread starts to separate from the baking dish. Cut into slices or squares. Serve and enjoy.
- You can mix up the dry ingredients and the liquid ingredients and hold them separately for a few hours. But once you’ve combined the dry with the wet, it’s best to get the batter in the baking dish and bake as soon as possible.
- When greasing your baking dish, don’t do it too early in the process, or the shortening can melt and pool at the bottom of the dish.
- You don’t need to flour the baking dish. Using butter, shortening, or plain cooking spray is sufficient.
- To add a bit of zest to your cornbread, stir in one or two finely diced fresh green chiles (such as Anaheim or poblano) or about 1/4 cup of canned diced green chiles.
- You can also use melted bacon fat in place of some or all of the butter. For that matter, crumbled bacon would also be a welcome addition to this recipe.
- If you want to make muffins instead of cornbread in a baking dish, they’ll cook more quickly, so start checking them after 18 minutes or so. When the edges pull away and a toothpick comes out dry, they’re done.
- If you’re following a low-carb diet, this keto cornbread recipe will work for you.
How to Store and Freeze
- Store homemade cornbread in an airtight container or zip-close bag at room temperature for up to two days or in the fridge for up to one week.
- To freeze cornbread, wrap it with foil or freezer wrap. For best quality, freeze cornbread for up to three months.
What Is the Difference Between Stone-Ground and Regular Cornmeal?
Stone-ground cornmeal is ground between moving stones, which means the final meal contains some of the hull and germ. It is coarser than most packaged cornmeal you find in the supermarket. Regular cornmeal may be stored in a dark, cool place, but stone-ground should be transferred to an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for up to three months. Freeze cornmeal in an airtight container for longer storage.
What Can I Substitute for Milk in Cornbread?
If you don’t have any dairy—milk or half-and-half—here are some options. The texture and taste may be slightly different from what you are accustomed to, but as long as the ingredient has some fat and some liquid, it can work. Use the same amount of these liquids as you would the milk.
- Water and 1 1/2 tablespoons extra butter
- Soy, almond, oat, or other nondairy, plant-based milk can be used. Coconut milk would lend a subtle tropical flavor to the cornbread.
- Thinned-out plain yogurt or sour cream adds some tang and richness.
- About Cornmeal, Grits, and Polenta
- How to Cut Fresh Corn From Cobs
- Dairy-Free Cooking Substitutes
Video about Cornbread Recipe With Corn Kernels And Sour Cream
CREAM STYLE, SOUR CREAM CORN BREAD JEAN JEANS KITCHEN
Hey Guys! Try this awesome recipe. Cream style cornbread with sour cream. Enjoy and be blessed
Question about Cornbread Recipe With Corn Kernels And Sour Cream
If you have any questions about Cornbread Recipe With Corn Kernels And Sour Cream, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Cornbread Recipe With Corn Kernels And Sour Cream was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Cornbread Recipe With Corn Kernels And Sour Cream helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Cornbread Recipe With Corn Kernels And Sour Cream
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 37 805103
Search keywords Cornbread Recipe With Corn Kernels And Sour Cream
Cornbread Recipe With Corn Kernels And Sour Cream
way Cornbread Recipe With Corn Kernels And Sour Cream
tutorial Cornbread Recipe With Corn Kernels And Sour Cream
Cornbread Recipe With Corn Kernels And Sour Cream free
Có thể bạn quan tâm: