You are searching about Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Bread Crumbs And Ketchup, today we share with you content about Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Bread Crumbs And Ketchup ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Bread Crumbs And Ketchup is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 29g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||54%|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|Total Sugars 21g|
|Vitamin C 3mg||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This simple meatloaf recipe is a great fit for Sunday dinner, and it’s easy enough for a weeknight. For a tasty meal, serve the meatloaf with homemade mashed potatoes and peas and carrots or your favorite steamed or roasted vegetables. Meatloaf also pairs well with macaroni and cheese, or you might choose a rice pilaf or scalloped potatoes.
The simplicity is what makes this meatloaf so good, and you are likely to have most of the ingredients on hand. There’s no need to pre-cook or chop ingredients either. Just combine everything in a bowl, shape the loaf, and bake!
The meatloaf is versatile as well. Feel free to add some fresh sautéed vegetables or change the flavor with a different seasoning or spice blend. Feel free to use plain ketchup or barbecue sauce to top the loaf, or—if you’re feeling a little adventurous—make the optional topping. For a zestier meatloaf, you might choose chili sauce or cocktail sauce instead of ketchup.
Click Play to See This Simple and Delicious Meatloaf Recipe Come Together
For the Optional Glaze/Topping:
4 tablespoons ketchup
4 tablespoons honey, or maple syrup
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
For the Meatloaf:
2 pounds ground beef
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 cup plain, dry breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons minced dried onions, or 1/2 cup finely minced onion
1 1/2 teaspoons burger seasoning, or 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
Gather the ingredients.
Heat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
If using the optional topping, in a small bowl, combine the ketchup, honey or maple syrup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce until well mixed. Cover the bowl and refrigerate.
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, onion, burger seasoning, and 1/2 cup of ketchup.
Mix until well blended and pack into the prepared loaf pan. Place on a baking sheet and bake the meatloaf for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Carefully drain off any excess fat.
Then top the loaf with the optional topping mixture or about 4 tablespoons of ketchup. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer.
Remove from the oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes, tented with aluminum foil.
Slice, serve, and enjoy!
- Ground beef with a ratio of 80/20 or 85/15 will produce a moist and flavorful meatloaf.
- Baking the meatloaf in a specialty meatloaf pan or on a rack will help drain away some of the excess fat. If you don’t have a specialty pan, you can make a free-form loaf on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet or 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper or foil, like a sling. Just grab the ends of the paper or foil and lift the meatloaf out of the pan when it’s done.
- Experiment with meat mixtures. While beef gives excellent flavor and holds together well, adding a portion of lean ground pork will provide juiciness. Ground veal would add lightness to a loaf, and ground chicken or turkey would reduce some fat and calories.
- Instead of the optional topping, top the meatloaf with prepared barbecue sauce just before it’s finished baking.
- Use cracker crumbs, crushed cheese crackers, or soft breadcrumbs in the meatloaf instead of fine dry breadcrumbs.
- Bake the meatloaf in individual muffin cups. Use about 1/4 cup of meatloaf mixture for each muffin cup.
- Top the meatloaf with strips of bacon before baking, or add crumbled cooked bacon to the meat mixture.
- Pack the meatloaf mixture into individual oiled ramekins, and then invert them onto a rimmed baking sheet for perfectly shaped individual meatloaves.
Make It Ahead
- To make a meatloaf a day in advance, prepare the loaf and cover the pan. Refrigerate the loaf for up to 24 hours and bake as directed, or until it reaches at least 160 F (If the loaf includes poultry, cook until 165 F).
- To freeze an uncooked meatloaf, shape it and wrap it tightly in a sheet of plastic wrap and a sheet of foil. Or line a loaf pan with foil and freeze it in the pan. Grasp the ends of the foil and remove the frozen loaf from the pan. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil. Freeze the uncooked meatloaf for up to 4 months.
- To bake the frozen meatloaf, unwrap it and place it in a rimmed baking pan or loaf pan. Bake for about 1 1/2 hours, or until it reaches at least 160 F (165 F if the loaf includes poultry) in the center.
How To Store and Freeze Leftover Meatloaf
- Refrigerate leftover meatloaf in shallow, airtight containers or wrap tightly with foil or plastic wrap. Use leftover refrigerated meatloaf within 4 days.
- For longer storage, meatloaf may be frozen. Wrap the meatloaf or slices tightly with plastic wrap and heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 4 months. Defrost frozen cooked meatloaf in the refrigerator overnight.
- Reheat leftover meatloaf in a 350 F oven until it reaches at least 165 F, the minimum safe temperature for leftover cooked food.
Can You Use Oats Instead of Breadcrumbs In a Meatloaf?
Oats are an excellent replacement for breadcrumbs in a meatloaf. Oats add texture and, with the eggs, help hold the meatloaf together and soak up excess moisture.
Should Meatloaf Be Cooked Covered or Uncovered?
Meatloaf can be cooked covered or uncovered. Typically, when covering a dish, it is to keep more moisture in and prevent it from burning too quickly on top. This should not happen when cooking at the recommended temperature of 350 F. But, as each oven can vary in temperature, if you are cooking meatloaf uncovered and notice that it’s starting to burn, place a piece of aluminum foil on top.
Why Does My Meatloaf Fall Apart?
Just like when you are cooking other meats, it’s important to allow your loaf to rest before you slice it. This will allow the juices to lock in, the loaf to firm up, and make it easier to slice. If you don’t let your loaf rest, you run the risk of having the meatloaf fall apart.
Video about Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Bread Crumbs And Ketchup
Easy meatloaf recipe with bread crumbs and ketchup
Subscribe for more new cooking recipes
Join me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ChefColton
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/ChefColton
Make meatloaf recipe and put the extra in a dish or pan in a single layer. Place in the coldest part of the freezer until frozen. Then, the strips stored in a plastic bag. No more time is needed to make meatloaf recipe, and you’ll have them for future meals, or you can make your own bacon bits and freeze. When making meatloaf recipe, waffles and French toast, do more than they will eat at a meal and let it cool. If you put them in a single layer and freeze them quickly like bacon, you can put them in a container or bag in the freezer and do not stick. It only takes minutes to cook meatloaf recipe. You can also do it with different types of meat: the meatloaf recipe, pork or lamb chops, chicken legs or thighs. Buy more than you need for a meal and cook meatloaf recipe . After being frozen quickly than they can be put into Ziploc bags without an envelope and they will not be held in together. You can only take what you need and leave the rest frozen. When you make a pie meatloaf recipe , it saves time and cook for several to a golden brown. This will take the freezer and bake a cake very quickly. If circular plates were baked in paper, although that accumulate in the freezer and not having to use a large number of regular circular plates. This is very useful when you need to make a meatloaf recipe for a party or potluck, or when you donate one at a bake sale and do not have time to make one. You can still buy a pie pan, but at home is better. Bake meatloaf While you’re at it they do both. Once cooled, cut a, wrap in foil and store in the freezer. This way, it will not take the time to thaw. It is also possible to take only one or two slices for a snack or a meal for one or two people.
Question about Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Bread Crumbs And Ketchup
If you have any questions about Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Bread Crumbs And Ketchup, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Bread Crumbs And Ketchup was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Bread Crumbs And Ketchup helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Bread Crumbs And Ketchup
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 88 832779
Search keywords Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Bread Crumbs And Ketchup
Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Bread Crumbs And Ketchup
way Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Bread Crumbs And Ketchup
tutorial Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Bread Crumbs And Ketchup
Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Bread Crumbs And Ketchup free
Có thể bạn quan tâm: