You are learning about German Potato Salad Made With Oil And Vinegar, today we share with you article about German Potato Salad Made With Oil And Vinegar ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic German Potato Salad Made With Oil And Vinegar is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 39g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Vitamin C 17mg||87%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This basic potato salad is a simple combination of potatoes and onions, tossed with seasoned vinegar and oil dressing. The dressing is a refreshing change of pace from the heavier sour cream or mayonnaise mixture.
Click Play to See This Healthy Old-Fashioned Potato Salad Recipe Come Together
1 1/2 to 2 pounds large potatoes, about 3 large potatoes)
1 large onion
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, mashed and finely minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Gather the ingredients.
Peel the potatoes and put them in a medium saucepan. Add water to cover and about 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the potatoes are fork tender—about 20 to 25 minutes.
Drain and cool completely in the pan with the cover ajar.
Slice the cooled potatoes into 1/4-inch slices and put them in a large bowl.
Peel the onion and slice it in half lengthwise. Cut it crosswise into thin slices and add to the bowl with the potatoes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, minced parsley, sugar, salt, and black pepper.
Pour the dressing mixture over the potatoes and onions, then toss gently to combine the ingredients.
Taste and season the salad with additional salt and pepper, as needed. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill until serving time.
For best flavor, make the salad at least 2 hours before you plan to serve it.
- Choose low-starch potatoes for salads, such as red-skinned, Yukon Gold, fingerlings, or new potatoes. Those types of potatoes are lower in starch than russets and other baking potatoes, and they tend to hold their shape better.
- If you want to make this dish in advance, up to 24 hours before serving, cook and cube the potatoes, slice the onions, and combine the dressing ingredients. Refrigerate the ingredients in separate containers. About 2 hours before serving time, combine the ingredients and toss to blend. Refrigerate until serving time.
- This potato salad is an excellent choice for a picnic or cookout. Even though there’s no mayonnaise included, you should still keep the salad as cold as possible. Make sure it doesn’t stay out of a cooler or refrigerator for more than 2 hours (no more than 1 hour if the temperature is above 90 F) or nestle the salad bowl in a bed of ice to keep it at the safe temperature of 40 F or below for serving.
- The salad is versatile as well. Consider adding fresh chives or dill to the salad along with the parsley. If you don’t care for raw garlic in a salad, use about 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder in the dressing or leave it out altogether.
- Alternatively, add some sliced cucumber to the salad. Cut the cucumber—peeled or not—in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, and slice the halves thinly. Toss the cucumber with the potatoes and onions.
Video about German Potato Salad Made With Oil And Vinegar
Question about German Potato Salad Made With Oil And Vinegar
If you have any questions about German Potato Salad Made With Oil And Vinegar, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article German Potato Salad Made With Oil And Vinegar was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article German Potato Salad Made With Oil And Vinegar helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles German Potato Salad Made With Oil And Vinegar
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 93 34509 1
Search keywords German Potato Salad Made With Oil And Vinegar
German Potato Salad Made With Oil And Vinegar
way German Potato Salad Made With Oil And Vinegar
tutorial German Potato Salad Made With Oil And Vinegar
German Potato Salad Made With Oil And Vinegar free
Có thể bạn quan tâm:
- What Kind Of Food Do They Eat In Scotland Scottish Food Doesn’t Get More Traditional Than With a Stovies Recipe