You are learning about Ham And Rice Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Soup, today we will share with you content about Ham And Rice Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Soup ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Ham And Rice Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Soup is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 27g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||61%|
|Total Carbohydrate 58g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
|Vitamin C 17mg||83%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
No matter the holiday or occasion, there always seems to be leftovers. It gets a bit tiresome to eat a repeat of the dinner over and over, so turning some of the dishes into an interesting entree is more than welcome at mealtime. This ham and rice casserole includes leftover baked ham, cooked rice, and mixed vegetables, which are all mixed together with a rich sauce and baked with a buttered breadcrumb topping. It is an incredibly easy preparation, an excellent way to use leftovers, and a dish the whole family will love.
It takes just minutes to throw the ingredients together, making it the perfect meal for a busy day. The casserole is quite versatile as well. Feel free to replace the ham with diced leftover turkey or chicken, and use your family’s favorite vegetables. If you’re a cheese lover, add an extra 1/2 cup of shredded cheese to the breadcrumb topping.
2 cups cooked rice
2 cups diced cooked ham
1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables, or peas, green beans, etc., cooked and drained
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, or cream of celery soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup (4 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup fresh soft breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 325 F. Spray an 8-inch-square baking dish or similar 1 1/2- to 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, ham, vegetables, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and salt and pepper to taste.
Fold in the shredded cheese; taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and melted butter; mix thoroughly. Make sure all of the crumbs are well coated with butter.
Spoon rice and ham mixture into the casserole and spread evenly. Top the mixture with buttered breadcrumbs.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. For a crunchier topping with more color, place the casserole under the broiler for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Glass Bakeware Warning
Do not use glass bakeware when broiling or when a recipe calls to add liquid to a hot pan, as glass may explode. Even if it states oven safe or heat resistant, tempered glass products can, and do, break occasionally.
- To Make It Ahead: Cook the rice and vegetables and chop the ham the day before; Refrigerate them in separate containers until the next day. Just combine the ingredients and pop it in the oven!
- The recipe calls for soft breadcrumbs, not the fine dry breadcrumbs you find in canisters. Whenever you have leftover stale bread, process it in the blender or food processor to make crumbs. Freeze the crumbs in freezer bags and you will have breadcrumbs on hand for casseroles, meatballs, meatloaf, and other dishes.
- The casserole can be made a little healthier with some simple substitutions. Instead of white rice, choose brown rice. For the soup, choose a lower fat or low sodium cream of mushroom soup, or use cream of celery or cream of chicken soup. Or, if you prefer a homemade sauce, make about 1 1/2 cups of basic seasoned white sauce or a mushroom sauce.
- Vary the vegetables with leftover veggies, or choose what your family likes. Corn, artichoke hearts, chopped, lightly cooked broccoli, and chopped spinach are some excellent options.
- Use a packet of your favorite flavor of precooked “ready” rice in the casserole.
Video about Ham And Rice Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Question about Ham And Rice Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Soup
If you have any questions about Ham And Rice Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Soup, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Ham And Rice Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Soup was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Ham And Rice Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Soup helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Ham And Rice Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 83 336987
Search keywords Ham And Rice Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Ham And Rice Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Soup
way Ham And Rice Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Soup
tutorial Ham And Rice Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Ham And Rice Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Soup free
Có thể bạn quan tâm:
- How To Make Polish Sausage And Sauerkraut Bring This Simple Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut to any Party
- How To Cook Polish Sausage And Sauerkraut Easy Slow Cooker Kielbasa With Sauerkraut and Sliced Apples