You are searching about How Long Does Veggie Soup Last In The Fridge, today we will share with you content about How Long Does Veggie Soup Last In The Fridge ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How Long Does Veggie Soup Last In The Fridge is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Vitamin C 6mg||29%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
On any given day, most of us have some random, leftover vegetables in the fridge drawer: a bit of cauliflower, a few broccoli florets, a handful of spinach, a lonely single leek. Got a few potatoes in the pantry, not nearly enough to mash? Are your scarce cilantro leaves not enough for chimichurri and too many for a vinaigrette? Instead of trying to fit each little piece into a separate dish, the easiest way to save all your micro-leftovers of produce is to make a delicious soup. The perfect way to save your money, and to feed your family with a fabulous and easy dish, the best part about the leftover-vegetable soup is that anything goes. We bring you a template, but swap or add to your liking because there’s no wrong way of cooking this wholesome meal.
In general, making a soup requires a good aromatic base, generous seasoning, and spices and herbs. First, take stock of what you have and sort the vegetables; use only what’s still in good shape and discard what seems too soft or mushy. Secondly, look for aromatics, such as sautéed onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. If you don’t have any fresh, powdered onion or powdered garlic will do the trick. Finally, choose your cooking liquid, a good stock or broth is ideal but in a pinch use water and a splash of white wine if you’d like. Spices and fresh herbs complete the flavoring and add brightness to the soup. Cilantro, basil, parsley, thyme, or rosemary work wonders, and using the dried versions also adds a ton of flavor.
Our basic recipe freezes well and is certainly a friendly way to freeze vegetables and meal prep for the weeks ahead. Having soup in your freezer ready to reheat is a time-saving trick for busy weeknights when a bowl of hot soup and a loaf of crusty bread will make a wonderful and flavorful dinner. For extra richness, serve with a dollop of sour cream on top, or a generous amount of grated Parmesan.
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into bite-sized chunks
2 celery ribs, chopped into bite-sized chunks
3 cups vegetables, chopped into bite-sized chunks
2 1/2 cups stock, vegetable, beef or chicken
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon five-spice powder, optional
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Gather the ingredients.
In a large stockpot or soup pan, heat the vegetable oil.
Add the onions and gently cook until they begin to soften.
Add the garlic, carrots, and celery and cook for another 5 minutes, without burning the garlic.
Add the chopped vegetables and stir.
Add the stock, bay leaf, and any spices you’re using.
Cook until all the vegetables are soft and cooked through, or about 20 minutes.
Carefully, blend the soup in the pot using an immersion blender or pour into a food processor and blend. Make it as creamy or chunky as you’d like. Cook the soup for an additional 5 minutes to reduce slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Use Caution When Blending Hot Ingredients
Steam expands quickly in a blender and can cause ingredients to splatter everywhere and lead to burns. To prevent this, fill the blender only one-third of the way up, vent the top, and cover with a folded kitchen towel while blending.
What Vegetables to Use in the Soup?
Any vegetables are great for making this soup. If you’re unsure on what to use, here are a few ideas:
- Parsnips, celeriac, leeks, sweet potatoes, or any other winter roots help thicken the soup and add a lot of texture and flavor. No matter which you use, make sure all of the vegetables are cleaned, peeled, and cut into similar size chunks.
- Leafy greens like spinach, watercress, kale, cabbage, collard greens, and arugula add color and brightness to the soup.
- Cooked and roasted vegetables also have a place in this recipe. Simply add them toward the end of the cooking time to make sure they are thoroughly heated through. Even mashed potatoes can go in, and it surely will add a delectable creamy texture.
- Cooked grains are also a perfect addition as they make for a richer texture. Rice, quinoa, farro, barley.
How to Thicken Your Soup
If your resulting soup lacks body and texture, there are a few things you can do to thicken it. Depending on what you have at hand and your dietary preferences, you could thicken your sop by:
- Adding a can of mashed beans, like navy, or a can of lentils.
- Blending half of the soup and pouring it back into the pot, allowing the liquid to reduce further.
- Adding a cup of heavy cream or full-fat plain yogurt.
- Making a roux with butter and flour and adding it to the soup.
- Adding a couple of cups of day-old bread.
- Adding cooked pasta.
- Making a slurry of cornstarch and water and adding it to the soup.
Video about How Long Does Veggie Soup Last In The Fridge
How long should you keep leftovers in your fridge?
Question about How Long Does Veggie Soup Last In The Fridge
If you have any questions about How Long Does Veggie Soup Last In The Fridge, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How Long Does Veggie Soup Last In The Fridge was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How Long Does Veggie Soup Last In The Fridge helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How Long Does Veggie Soup Last In The Fridge
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 92 888672
Search keywords How Long Does Veggie Soup Last In The Fridge
How Long Does Veggie Soup Last In The Fridge
way How Long Does Veggie Soup Last In The Fridge
tutorial How Long Does Veggie Soup Last In The Fridge
How Long Does Veggie Soup Last In The Fridge free
Có thể bạn quan tâm:
- How Do You Roast Chestnuts On An Open Fire A Guide to Cooking Chestnuts Including How to Roast, Boil, and Grill
- How To Use Fresh Pumpkin Instead Of Canned Pumpkin Season: Using Fresh Pumpkin Instead of Canned When Baking