You are searching about How Much Pesto For A Pound Of Pasta, today we will share with you article about How Much Pesto For A Pound Of Pasta ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How Much Pesto For A Pound Of Pasta is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 36g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||39%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|Total Sugars 1g|
|Vitamin C 2mg||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This easy pesto pasta recipe makes a terrific side dish or vegetarian main course in no time. It’s a great choice for a weeknight dinner when cooking time is limited.
8 ounces penne pasta, regular or whole wheat
1 cup pesto, homemade or purchased
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Gather the ingredients.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions for al dente.
Drain the pasta, and immediately toss with pesto, stirring to coat the pasta completely.
Turn into a serving bowl and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
Serve pesto pasta immediately with garlic bread for a light and tasty vegetarian meal, or cover, refrigerate, and rewarm for dinner the next day.
- This dish can be made the night before, refrigerated, and then rewarmed for dinner the next day.
- To save time, store-bought basil pesto is used here, but spinach pesto, sun-dried tomato pesto, or homemade pesto can be used to good effect.
- This recipe easily can be doubled or tripled without sacrificing flavor.
- If you’re a fan of Alfredo sauces, a creamy version of pesto pasta should appeal to you. To alter this recipe, heat 1 tablespoon good-quality olive oil (extra-virgin isn’t necessary) in a skillet over medium heat. Whisk in the pesto sauce and heat until warm, and then slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup heavy cream while whisking constantly. If the sauce is too thick, add up to 3 tablespoons water and stir to create a velvety sauce.
- A rotisserie chicken breast and chopped tomatoes make for a heartier variation.
- Sauté 1/2 pound deveined, tailless shrimp in 1 to 2 tablespoons hot olive oil for 3 minutes. When done, mix it in with the pesto sauce and combine with the cooked pasta.
- One-half pound raw chicken cubes can be sautéd in 1 to 2 tablespoons hot olive oil for 6 to 7 minutes or until cooked through and then mixed with the pesto sauce and pasta.
- Steam or flash fry 2 cups broccoli florets in olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes and add it to the pesto sauce and pasta.
- Diced cooked, beef, pork, salmon, or any other protein, including drained firm tofu, can be added to the pesto sauce.
Types of Pesto
Pesto is the Italian word for “pounded” and it refers to the traditional method used to prepare this type of uncooked sauce which originated in Genoa, Italy—by pounding the ingredients together in a mortar and pestle. Today, we have the luxury of using a food processor, which makes this a simple, fresh way to dress pasta.
Traditional pestos are made with fresh basil, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese, and olive oil. Modern versions are made with everything from kale, to cilantro, mint, parsley, arugula, spinach, broccoli, broccolini, beet greens, and more in place of the basil.
The best type of pasta to use for a sauce like this is something tubular with a hole in the middle or one that has corkscrew twists to soak up more of the sauce.
While linguine, spaghetti, fettuccine, and farfalle can be used, any sauce tends to slide off these types of pasta. For maximum sauce absorption, go with penne, fusilli, tortellini, orecchiette, bucatini, cavatappi, ditali, gemeli, gnocchi, and others that twist or have a hole in the middle.
Video about How Much Pesto For A Pound Of Pasta
How To Make Pesto Pasta | Penne Pasta With Pesto Sauce | The Bombay Chef – Varun Inamdar
Learn how to make Pesto Pasta an yummylicious pasta recipe with The Bombay Chef Varun Inamdar.
A perfect guide to make amazingly delicious pesto pasta at home . So with The Bombay Chef Varun Inamdar learn to make tempting and delicious, easy to make Pesto Pasta only on Rajshri Food.
For the pesto
A large bowl fresh basil leaves
7-8 garlic pods
1 cup olive oil
Half cup cashew nuts
1/4th cup Parmesan cheese
Cracked pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1 cup boiled pasta
Few cherry tomatoes
Parmesan cheese to garnish
Pepper to garnish
– In a bowl add fresh basil leaves, cashew nuts, garlic pods, Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper and add olive oil and mix it all well
– In a pan full of water add salt, pasta and let it boil for 10 minutes
– In a grinder, blend the mixed ingredients to run into fine smooth paste add some olive oil
– Transfer it into another bowl
– In a pan add some oil, cherry tomatoes and boiled pasta and some salted water and add the pesto sauce.
– Add some basil leaves and the pesto pasta is ready to be served!
Host: Varun Inamdar
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Share this video on Facebook – https://goo.gl/7WwdrI
Tweet about it – https://goo.gl/86qSjg
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Visit our Website for more Awesome Recipes
Question about How Much Pesto For A Pound Of Pasta
If you have any questions about How Much Pesto For A Pound Of Pasta, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How Much Pesto For A Pound Of Pasta was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How Much Pesto For A Pound Of Pasta helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How Much Pesto For A Pound Of Pasta
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 82 914 949
Search keywords How Much Pesto For A Pound Of Pasta
How Much Pesto For A Pound Of Pasta
way How Much Pesto For A Pound Of Pasta
tutorial How Much Pesto For A Pound Of Pasta
How Much Pesto For A Pound Of Pasta free
Có thể bạn quan tâm: