You are learning about How To Fry Shrimp In A Pan With Flour, today edu5.info I will share with you article about How To Fry Shrimp In A Pan With Flour ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How To Fry Shrimp In A Pan With Flour is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 27g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||14%|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
There are many great ways to cook shrimp, and fried shrimp is always a crowd pleaser, whether served as a fun appetizer or special main dish. It can be breaded in many different ways, and this recipe calling for an egg and milk soak and then cornmeal and flour coating is a real winner.
The shrimp make a fabulous appetizer accompanied by a rémoulade dipping sauce, or serve them as part of a meal with fries, coleslaw, and tartar sauce.
Click Play to See This Easy Fried Shrimp Recipe Come Together
1 1/2 pounds medium- to large-sized shrimp, deveined
Vegetable oil, for frying
2 cups milk
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling
1 dash freshly ground black pepper
Gather the ingredients.
Peel the shrimp, leaving the tails on, and put them in a colander. Rinse the shrimp under cold running water, then pat dry with paper towels.
Put about 3 inches of vegetable oil in a deep, heavy saucepan or deep fryer. Heat the oil to 360 F.
To keep the fried shrimp warm as you fry subsequent batches, heat the oven to 200 F. Place a rack in a baking sheet and set aside. Have paper towels ready for draining the shrimp.
In a medium bowl, whisk the milk with the egg until well blended.
Put the shrimp in the milk and egg mixture and let stand for 3 to 4 minutes.
Combine the flour, cornmeal, and baking powder in another bowl; blend well. Stir in salt and a dash of freshly ground black pepper.
Dip the shrimp into the flour and cornmeal mixture to coat thoroughly. Shake off excess.
Place coated shrimp in the hot oil and cook in small batches until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Drain on paper towels and then move to the rack on the baking sheet. Place the pan in the oven to keep them warm while you fry the remaining shrimp.
Sprinkle the fried shrimp with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
Serve and enjoy.
- If your shrimp is frozen, put them in a large bowl and thaw overnight in the refrigerator. If you haven’t planned that far ahead, place the shrimp in a colander and put under cold, gently running water until thawed.
- If the shrimp you purchased are not deveined, it is not too difficult to do yourself (although a little time consuming). With a small, sharp knife, make a shallow cut down the back of a shrimp. Pull out the dark vein or scrape it out with the tip of the knife and discard.
- Although delicious as is, you can easily swap out an ingredient or two to change the flavor or texture of these fried shrimp. For a spicy twist, replace 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the milk with hot sauce, such as Frank’s or Texas Pete’s.
- Or season the flour mixture with 1 teaspoon of Creole or Cajun seasoning, a seasoned salt blend, or Old Bay. (Omit the salt in the recipe unless the seasoning is salt free.)
- To give the coating a different type of crunch, swap all or part of the cornmeal with fine dry breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs.
Video about How To Fry Shrimp In A Pan With Flour
Question about How To Fry Shrimp In A Pan With Flour
If you have any questions about How To Fry Shrimp In A Pan With Flour, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How To Fry Shrimp In A Pan With Flour was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How To Fry Shrimp In A Pan With Flour helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How To Fry Shrimp In A Pan With Flour
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 49 839669
Search keywords How To Fry Shrimp In A Pan With Flour
How To Fry Shrimp In A Pan With Flour
way How To Fry Shrimp In A Pan With Flour
tutorial How To Fry Shrimp In A Pan With Flour
How To Fry Shrimp In A Pan With Flour free
Có thể bạn quan tâm: