You are searching about How To Fry Yellow Squash On The Stove, today we share with you content about How To Fry Yellow Squash On The Stove ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How To Fry Yellow Squash On The Stove is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||13%|
|Total Carbohydrate 44g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||19%|
|Total Sugars 9g|
|Vitamin C 17mg||83%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This deep-fried summer squash is easy to fix and tastes great. The squash is sliced, battered with egg and flour, and deep-fried to golden brown perfection.
This is an excellent snack or side dish. Serve it with a marinara sauce or ranch-style dressing for dipping.
Season the deep-fried squash with salt and pepper or use seasoned salt or Creole seasoning blend.
3 to 4 cups vegetable oil, or amount needed for frying
4 large eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1 1/4 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
7 medium summer squash, thinly sliced, about 1/4 inch thick
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Gather the ingredients.
Heat about 2 to 3 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy saucepan to 360 F. Or use an electric deep fryer.
Combine eggs, milk, and salt in a bowl and whisk to blend.
Put the flour in a wide, shallow bowl or plate.
Dip squash in the egg batter and then dredge the slices in flour until well coated.
Fry in batches in deep hot fat, about 360 F, until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels.
Season the fried squash slices with salt and pepper or a Creole or seasoned salt blend.
Use a seasoned salt or Creole blend in place of the salt and pepper.
- Cut food as uniformly as possible so pieces will cook evenly. If too thick, the inside might still be raw when the outside is done.
- If oil reaches its smoking point and you continue heating, it could ignite. If this happens, turn off the heat or unplug the unit and immediately put a metal lid over the pot to smother the flames. Always keep a metal lid nearby just in case, and never use water on a grease fire!
- Use metal utensils; plastic will melt.
- Use a small wire basket or slotted metal spoon to lower food into the fryer and to lift it out.
- Keep batches small enough so the food does not touch. Small batches also ensure that the oil temperature comes back up to temperature more quickly. After removing a batch of food, wait for the oil to come back to temperature before adding more food.
- Drain the fried food on paper towels or on a rack immediately after removing from the hot oil.
- To keep food hot while cooking subsequent batches, line a baking sheet with paper towels and preheat the oven to 200 F. Transfer the fried food to the lined baking sheet in the oven.
- Keep oil used for frying fish separated from oil used for other foods.
- Filter cooled used cooking oil and store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Do you need to peel summer squash?
Although you should always wash yellow or zucchini squash thoroughly before cutting, it is not necessary to peel summer squash before using.
Video about How To Fry Yellow Squash On The Stove
Question about How To Fry Yellow Squash On The Stove
If you have any questions about How To Fry Yellow Squash On The Stove, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How To Fry Yellow Squash On The Stove was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How To Fry Yellow Squash On The Stove helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How To Fry Yellow Squash On The Stove
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 26 02129 7
Search keywords How To Fry Yellow Squash On The Stove
How To Fry Yellow Squash On The Stove
way How To Fry Yellow Squash On The Stove
tutorial How To Fry Yellow Squash On The Stove
How To Fry Yellow Squash On The Stove free
Có thể bạn quan tâm: