You are searching about How To Make An Apple Cobbler With Fresh Apples, today we will share with you content about How To Make An Apple Cobbler With Fresh Apples ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How To Make An Apple Cobbler With Fresh Apples is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||19%|
|Total Carbohydrate 58g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This apple cobbler, made with Granny Smith apples, is topped with a cinnamon-spiced cake batter. With fresh apples available year-round, this dessert is excellent for any season. Granny Smith apples are a good all-purpose baking apple, but you can swap them for Cortland, Braeburn, Honeycrisp, and Jonagold.
Warm apple cobbler is fantastic with a simple drizzling of heavy cream, and it is even more amazing served with a scoop of ice cream. Alternatively, top the apple cobbler with a dollop of freshly whipped cream or whipped topping and sprinkle it with some cinnamon sugar or drizzle with caramel sauce.
- For the Apple Filling:
- 5 cups tart apples (such as Granny Smith, peeled and sliced)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter (cut into small pieces)
- For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Optional: cinnamon sugar (for topping)
- Optional: vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (for serving)
Gather the ingredients.
Heat the oven to 375 F. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
Combine the sliced apples, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt, water, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and toss.
Add the mixture to the prepared baking pan.
Dot apples with the pieces of butter.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the softened butter and beaten egg and beat until blended.
Using a tablespoon, drop the batter evenly over the apple filling mixture. If desired, sprinkle the batter with a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
Serve the apple cobbler warm with a drizzling of heavy cream or a scoop of ice cream.
How to Store and Freeze
- Store apple cobbler at room temperature, covered, for up to 2 days. Or refrigerate the covered cobbler for up to 4 days.
- Like fruit pies, cobblers freeze well. Place leftover cobbler (individual portions or slab) on a baking sheet, uncovered, and freeze until solid. Wrap the frozen cobbler well and freeze for up to 4 months.
- To reheat frozen cobbler, let it stand at room temperature for 1 hour and then reheat at 350 F for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until warm.
- To keep the apples from browning and add some tartness, toss the slices with 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- To make the filling in advance, prepare the apple filling mixture and toss with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Transfer the filling mixture to the baking dish. Dot with butter. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and foil; freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost the filling, prepare the topping, and bake as directed.
- If using a different variety of apple than Granny Smith, you may want to adjust the amount of sugar in the filling depending on the sweetness of the apple.
- Instead of apples, use Bosc or Anjou pears in this cobbler. Peel and core the pears and then slice them thinly.
- Replace the cinnamon with apple pie spice, or use a mixture of 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon each of nutmeg and ground cloves.
What is the Difference Between a Cobbler and a Crisp?
Crisps and crumbles are made with a streusel topping. Crisps usually include oats in the topping. Cobblers are baked with a biscuit or cake-like topping.
Video about How To Make An Apple Cobbler With Fresh Apples
Easy Apple Cobbler Recipe
My EASY apple cobbler recipe is basically foolproof and SO delicious; think of it as apple pie’s less fussy friend. Every of this apple dessert bite has just the right proportion of juicy homemade apple filling and crisp buttery topping. Add a big scoop of ice cream and you’re instantly everyone’s favorite baker!
Full Recipe: https://preppykitchen.com/apple-cobbler/
ADD ME ON:
Question about How To Make An Apple Cobbler With Fresh Apples
If you have any questions about How To Make An Apple Cobbler With Fresh Apples, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How To Make An Apple Cobbler With Fresh Apples was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How To Make An Apple Cobbler With Fresh Apples helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How To Make An Apple Cobbler With Fresh Apples
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 80 878378
Search keywords How To Make An Apple Cobbler With Fresh Apples
How To Make An Apple Cobbler With Fresh Apples
way How To Make An Apple Cobbler With Fresh Apples
tutorial How To Make An Apple Cobbler With Fresh Apples
How To Make An Apple Cobbler With Fresh Apples free
Có thể bạn quan tâm: