You are searching about How To Make Homemade Nachos With Ground Beef, today we share with you content about How To Make Homemade Nachos With Ground Beef ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How To Make Homemade Nachos With Ground Beef is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 40g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||81%|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||17%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Vitamin C 4mg||21%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These easy baked nachos are loaded with ground beef and classic vegetable toppings and condiments. The tortilla chips are baked with browned ground beef, a refried bean topping, and a generous layer of melty cheese. Finish these crispy, cheesy nachos with fresh pico de gallo or diced tomatoes along with your favorite toppings. Spice them up with pickled jalapeño rings or fresh sliced jalapeño or Fresno peppers, and serve them with an optional garnish of sour cream, guacamole, diced avocado, cilantro, and sliced green onions.
Nachos are a great choice for game day gatherings, TV night, or midnight cravings, and they make a tasty side dish to serve alongside burritos, burgers, wings, or tacos. They’re fabulous party food as well. Serve the hot cheese-topped nachos surrounded by bowls of popular toppings and sauces. Your guests will enjoy adding their favorite toppings.
“Nachos are, without a doubt, one of my favorite foods. The hot, crispy chips, savory protein, melty cheese, pico de gallo, and cool sour cream and avocado is truly unmatched. These nachos don’t miss the mark. The mixture comes together easily and is delicious, especially when prepared with a homemade taco seasoning.” —Kayla Hoang
For the Nachos
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, more for the pan
1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
1 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
12 ounces tortilla chips
8 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
For the Toppings
1 cup pico de gallo, or diced tomatoes, optional
1/2 cup sour cream, optional
1 medium avocado, diced, or 1/2 cup guacamole, optional
1/3 cup sliced jalapeño peppers, fresh or pickled, optional
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, optional
1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, optional
Gather the ingredients.
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 375 F. Lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet or ovenproof platter.
In a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes.
Add the ground beef and continue to cook using a spatula to break up the meat until it is no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
Add the taco seasoning and refried beans and continue to cook until the beans are softened, and ingredients are well blended, about 2 minutes.
Spread tortilla chips evenly on the prepared baking sheet or pan. Layer chips with the beef-bean mixture. Evenly sprinkle with the cheeses.
Bake until the cheese is melted and nachos are hot, about 8 minutes.
Serve the nachos on the baking sheet or pan with desired toppings.
- If your schedule is busier than usual, make the ground beef and sauce mixture the day before you plan to serve them. All you have to do is assemble the nachos and bake when you’re ready to eat.
- If possible, use block cheese and grate it on the large holes of a box grater or food processor disc. Store-bought shredded cheese can contain cellulose to keep the shreds from clumping, so this cheese may not melt as smoothly as freshly-grated cheese.
- Use shredded pepper jack cheese, cheddar jack, or a Mexican blend instead of plain cheddar cheese.
- Replace the ground beef with carne asada, pulled pork, bulk sausage, shredded chicken, or ground turkey.
- For vegan or vegetarian nachos, skip the ground beef or use a meat replacement or beans.
- You may halve the recipe to serve 2 to 4 people.
- Instead of shredded cheese, finish the hot nachos with homemade queso.
How to Store
- Nachos don’t keep well, so plan to garnish and eat as soon as they come out of the oven.
How do I keep my nachos from becoming soggy?
- Make sure your meat mixture isn’t overly moist, and spoon it evenly over the chips. Your guests should get some of the cheese and meat mixture every time they grab a few chips.
- Don’t skimp on the cheese. A good, substantial layer of melted cheese acts as a buffer, keeping the toppings from soaking into the chips.
- Add toppings just before serving, and don’t overdo it.
- Instead of shredded cheese, use a homemade cheese sauce or queso.
What kind of cheese is best for nachos?
You want to use cheese that will melt well for nachos. Stay away from hard cheeses and strong flavors. Freshly grated cheddar and Monterey Jack are excellent choices. American cheese and pepper jack will work as well.
How can I spice up my nachos?
Here are a few ideas for spicing up nachos:
- Part or all pepper jack cheese is an excellent way to add some heat to nachos.
- Finish them with hot salsa instead of mild, and add extra jalapeño peppers.
- Drizzle spicy taco sauce over the nachos just before serving.
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes to the ground beef and bean mixture.
Video about How To Make Homemade Nachos With Ground Beef
Question about How To Make Homemade Nachos With Ground Beef
If you have any questions about How To Make Homemade Nachos With Ground Beef, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How To Make Homemade Nachos With Ground Beef was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How To Make Homemade Nachos With Ground Beef helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How To Make Homemade Nachos With Ground Beef
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 17 367663
Search keywords How To Make Homemade Nachos With Ground Beef
How To Make Homemade Nachos With Ground Beef
way How To Make Homemade Nachos With Ground Beef
tutorial How To Make Homemade Nachos With Ground Beef
How To Make Homemade Nachos With Ground Beef free
Có thể bạn quan tâm:
- What Kind Of Food Do They Eat In Scotland Scottish Food Doesn’t Get More Traditional Than With a Stovies Recipe