You are searching about How To Make Italian Ice In An Ice Cream Maker, today we share with you article about How To Make Italian Ice In An Ice Cream Maker ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How To Make Italian Ice In An Ice Cream Maker is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|Total Sugars 25g|
|Vitamin C 4mg||21%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Lemon ice is a traditional Italian recipe. Sweet and tart, it’s the perfect refreshment on a hot summer day. With just a few ingredients and a few hours’ time, you will have a deliciously tangy treat that you can keep on hand when the warm weather arrives. In order to get that fluffy texture, you will need to agitate the mixture every once in a while as it is setting in the freezer. The smooth consistency is what distinguishes Italian ice from the more crystalized ice desserts called granita and shaved ice.
Easy enough for kids to join in the fun of making this lemon ice, and then enjoying the fruits of their labor. Get ready to pucker up!
“This is a perfectly refreshing summertime treat! This dish is super-family-friendly and can be really fun for all ages to help with the freezing and mixing stages. I would definitely recommend this recipe.” —Tracy Wilk
4 cups water
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Gather the ingredients.
Bring the water to a boil. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
Allow the water to cool. Add lemon zest and juice and stir to combine.
Pour the mixture into a baking pan and place in the freezer.
Gently stir the crystals every 30 minutes or so and leave until all of the liquid is crystallized but not frozen solid, and the mixture is smooth—about 3 hours. When you can no longer stir the mixture, scrape it with a fork as it begins to freeze.
Scoop into small cups to serve.
- If you find that the lemon Italian ice has become too hard, use a large metal spoon or fork to scrape the mixture and break up the ice crystals. Serve immediately.
- You can make this recipe ahead of time if you like and store in the freezer, covered, for up to 4 days.
- If you prefer your Italian ice slushy, remove from the fridge sooner once it has reached your desired consistency.
- Do not use bottled lemon juice for this recipe, and when zesting the lemon be careful not to include the white pith; both will leave the Italian ice tasting very bitter.
- You can add a bit of mint either to infuse flavor into the Italian ice, or as a garnish at the end. To give the finished dessert a bit of a mint flavor, add fresh mint leaves with the lemon zest and juice and allow to steep for 20 minutes or so. Remove the herb before pouring the mixture into the pan and freezing. For garnish, simply place a leaf or two on top of each serving. You can also top with a lemon zest twist.
- If you would like to turn this recipe into an adult treat, include a bit of liqueur such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau. Add up to a teaspoon of the liqueur along with the lemon juice and zest.
- Use this same recipe and technique with other citrus fruits including limes, oranges, and even grapefruit.
How to Store
Either thaw a bit in the refrigerator before serving (until it is no longer rock hard and you can somewhat easily scoop with a spoon) or break into chunks and place in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
Video about How To Make Italian Ice In An Ice Cream Maker
Question about How To Make Italian Ice In An Ice Cream Maker
If you have any questions about How To Make Italian Ice In An Ice Cream Maker, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How To Make Italian Ice In An Ice Cream Maker was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How To Make Italian Ice In An Ice Cream Maker helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How To Make Italian Ice In An Ice Cream Maker
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 93 627006
Search keywords How To Make Italian Ice In An Ice Cream Maker
How To Make Italian Ice In An Ice Cream Maker
way How To Make Italian Ice In An Ice Cream Maker
tutorial How To Make Italian Ice In An Ice Cream Maker
How To Make Italian Ice In An Ice Cream Maker free
Có thể bạn quan tâm:
- What Kind Of Food Do They Eat In Scotland Scottish Food Doesn’t Get More Traditional Than With a Stovies Recipe