You are learning about How To Make Mint Simple Syrup With Fresh Mint, today we will share with you article about How To Make Mint Simple Syrup With Fresh Mint ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How To Make Mint Simple Syrup With Fresh Mint is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Mint syrup sounds fancy but it’s beyond easy to make. Basically, it’s a simple syrup (i.e., sugar melted in a bit of water) that’s been infused with fresh mint leaves. It adds a minty flavor to anything you then choose to add it to.
Mint syrup keeps forever in the fridge (it’s mainly sugar, and sugar is a preservative), so there’s no pressure to make use of it right away. Of course, it’s so tasty and has so many uses, you might not find that you have a lot of leftovers.
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
Gather the ingredients.
In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the water and sugar just to a boil, whisking to dissolve the sugar. Add the mint leaves.
Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, without stirring, until the syrup is slightly reduced and syrupy, about 10 minutes.
Transfer the syrup to a small metal bowl and let stand to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
Discard the mint leaves. You can use the syrup immediately, or let it cool to room temperature. Store in a covered glass jar in the refrigerator for up to one month.
How to Use Mint Simple Syrup
- A major reason to whip up a batch of mint syrup is to add it to mint julep cocktails. The syrup adds an extra layer of mint flavor while sweetening this famously boozy concoction. This removes the need for plain sugar, ensuring that all of the sweetness doesn’t settle to the bottom of the glass, requiring lots of stirring.
- Mint syrup is also handy for making mocktails or “kids’ cocktails” for festive occasions and parties—simply add some to taste to sparkling water and garnish with a mint leaf.
- Mint syrup is also useful for sweetening and adding flavor to beverages of all sorts. It will doll up humble lemonade, perk up herbal tea, and add zing to fruit punches.
- Beyond drinks, drizzle mint syrup over grilled fruit to transform it into more of a dessert. Mint syrup is also tasty over ice cream or frozen yogurt, as well as on a simple piece of not-too-sweet cake.
Beyond Mint Simple Syrup
As you might imagine, mint isn’t the only thing you can use to flavor a simple sugar syrup.
- Who would ever regret keeping ginger syrup in the fridge, ready to be stirred into tea? Make it the same way as the mint syrup above, but with 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger in place of the fresh mint leaves.
- Ditto to keeping lemon syrup, the secret ingredient in amazing lemonade, around the house. As luck would have it, the same method of using some juice and lots of zest for lemon syrup works for making orange, lime, or grapefruit syrup, too.
- And then there’s this cranberry syrup, which is lovely to have on hand around the holidays for making cocktails, spritzers, or drizzling on desserts of all sorts.
Video about How To Make Mint Simple Syrup With Fresh Mint
Question about How To Make Mint Simple Syrup With Fresh Mint
If you have any questions about How To Make Mint Simple Syrup With Fresh Mint, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How To Make Mint Simple Syrup With Fresh Mint was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How To Make Mint Simple Syrup With Fresh Mint helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How To Make Mint Simple Syrup With Fresh Mint
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 15 458843
Search keywords How To Make Mint Simple Syrup With Fresh Mint
How To Make Mint Simple Syrup With Fresh Mint
way How To Make Mint Simple Syrup With Fresh Mint
tutorial How To Make Mint Simple Syrup With Fresh Mint
How To Make Mint Simple Syrup With Fresh Mint free
Có thể bạn quan tâm:
- What Kind Of Food Do They Eat In Scotland Scottish Food Doesn’t Get More Traditional Than With a Stovies Recipe