You are learning about How To Make Pear Butter For Canning, today edu5.info I will share with you article about How To Make Pear Butter For Canning ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How To Make Pear Butter For Canning is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|Total Sugars 15g|
|Vitamin C 1mg||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Pears are abundant in Eastern Europe and they often find their way into pear butter. This recipe is simple to make and requires only three ingredients—pears, water, and sugar. It can easily be increased. You have your choice for how you cook the pear puree. You can use a slow cooker, microwave, stovetop, or oven. Once made, you also have the choice of keeping it in the refrigerator for use within a couple of weeks, freezing it, or canning it.
1 pound pears, any type, washed, stemmed and cored
1/2 cup water
1/2 to 1 cup sugar
Prepare the Pear Puree
Gather the ingredients.
Place the pears and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until pears have broken down. Pass the pears through a sieve or food mill.
Combine the pear puree and sugar to taste and choose one of the following cooking methods. In each case, the puree will be thick enough when the butter doesn’t run off a spoon when turned upside down.
Cook Down the Puree—Slow Cooker Method
Place sweetened pulp in a slow cooker with the lid partially off to let steam escape.
Set at low and cook, stirring occasionally, for six to 12 hours or overnight until thick enough.
Once thick, you can store your pear butter in a container in the refrigerator for up to three weeks, or freeze it in a freezer-safe container for up to a year. The other option is to can the pear butter so you can store it in your pantry.
Serve your pear butter and enjoy!
How to Can Pear Butter
To can your pear butter, place the hot butter in hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch of headspace.
Cover with hot sterilized lids and rings.
Process in a water bath for 10 minutes.
Remove the jars to a counter and allow them to cool before storing them in a cool, dry, dark place.
Rather than using the slow cooker to concentrate the sweetened pulp, you can use these other methods:
- Microwave Method: Place the sweetened pulp in a microwave-safe bowl and cook for 20 minutes at a time, stirring frequently until thick enough.
- Stovetop Method: Place the sweetened pulp in a medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for one to two hours or until thick enough.
- Oven Method: Heat the oven to 250 F. Place the sweetened pulp in a heatproof casserole dish or roaster. Bake, stirring only occasionally, for one to three hours or until thick enough.
- If freezing the pear butter, be sure to label the freezer-safe containers with the contents and the date.
- If you want to preserve your pear butter for use in coming months you will need to put it in sterilized jars and process them in a water bath. Before attempting a home canning project, be sure you have all of the needed supplies and understand how to use them.
- Your canned pear butter can make a lovely gift.
Video about How To Make Pear Butter For Canning
Quick and easy pear butter♡
8 cups pears cut up, 1/2 cup water… 1 cup sugar…1/4 cup brown sugar.. 1 t. Cinnamon. .1 t. Vanilla. ..1 t. Lemon juice…….
Question about How To Make Pear Butter For Canning
If you have any questions about How To Make Pear Butter For Canning, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How To Make Pear Butter For Canning was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How To Make Pear Butter For Canning helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How To Make Pear Butter For Canning
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 67 032012
Search keywords How To Make Pear Butter For Canning
How To Make Pear Butter For Canning
way How To Make Pear Butter For Canning
tutorial How To Make Pear Butter For Canning
How To Make Pear Butter For Canning free
Có thể bạn quan tâm: