You are learning about How To Make Turkey Noodle Soup From Turkey Carcass, today we share with you article about How To Make Turkey Noodle Soup From Turkey Carcass ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How To Make Turkey Noodle Soup From Turkey Carcass is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 1g|
|Vitamin C 3mg||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
It’s a stretch to say that the sole reason for roasting a turkey is so that you can make soup from the carcass later. But if you’ve ever been disappointed by how your turkey turned out (maybe the white meat was a bit dry and overcooked), the carcass is your second shot at a great meal. You can make a terrific broth by simmering a leftover Thanksgiving turkey carcass along with some aromatics—and then using that broth to make turkey noodle soup with the leftover meat.
As a matter of fact, it happens to be the very best thing you can do with a turkey carcass. You’ll probably have to cut it up first so it fits in the pot nicely, which you can do using a good set of kitchen shears. If you’re not ready to make soup right after eating turkey, you can freeze the carcass in a zip-top bag and any leftover meat in a separate container for up to two months. It’s an affordable meal that makes great use of leftovers and turns them into a whole new meal.
If you’re short on time or didn’t hang on to the turkey bones, you can skip making the broth and use store-bought chicken or turkey broth. This comforting and warming meal is great on a cold night.
“While this soup has a long cook time, it’s almost entirely hands-off. It’s the best thing you can do with the remains of a turkey dinner and gives leftovers a whole new life. It’ll warm you up from your head to your toes.” —Laurel Randolph
1 turkey carcass from a roasted turkey, with extra meat removed
1 medium onion, quartered
1 fresh or dry bay leaf
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
8 ounces wide egg noodles, or other dried pasta
1 1/2 cups cooked turkey meat, diced
Kosher salt, to taste
White pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Gather the ingredients.
Place the turkey carcass in a stockpot along with a quartered onion and a bay leaf. Cover with cold water (about a gallon), bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 3 hours.
Remove the carcass and discard. Meanwhile, strain the broth, rinse out the pot, and return the broth to the pot. You should have between 2 and 3 quarts of broth.
Bring it to a boil, then add the carrots and celery. Simmer until the carrots are not quite soft, about 2 minutes.
Add the noodles and cook until al dente according to the package instructions.
Add the turkey meat and simmer just until it is heated through. Season with kosher salt and ground white pepper to taste.
Serve right away in bowls garnished with the chopped parsley. Enjoy.
- The broth can be made ahead of time for a quick weeknight soup. Store in the fridge for up to five days.
- A turkey carcass that has been properly stored and refrigerated will last for up to a week.
- The recipe calls for a cup and a half of leftover turkey meat, and it should be a cinch to pick off that much from your turkey carcass. You can also use leftover sliced turkey.
- If you don’t have a carcass or the time, use store-bought chicken or turkey broth and skip making your own. You’ll need eight cups of broth (two quarts).
- You can also make this soup using a large chicken carcass and leftover chicken to make a chicken noodle soup.
How to Store and Freeze
- Leftover turkey noodle soup can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to three days. The longer it sits, the soggier the noodles will become, so eating it fresh is best.
- The turkey broth will keep for up to five days in the fridge and can be frozen for up to three months.
- Turkey soup can also be frozen. Cool and add to an airtight container. Freeze for up to a month, defrosting in the fridge overnight before reheating.
How Do I Spice Up Bland Turkey Soup?
If your turkey broth or soup is feeling lackluster, make sure you’ve seasoned with enough salt and pepper. To add more flavor, try a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, some dried spices like oregano or red pepper flakes, or fresh herbs like parsley or dill.
Video about How To Make Turkey Noodle Soup From Turkey Carcass
Best Turkey Carcass Soup | How to Make Turkey Noodle Soup | Turkey Bone Broth
In this video, Denise of This and That with Denise Jordan shows how to make the best turkey carcass soup. Use leftover turkey to make this easy turkey noodle soup. Learn how to make turkey noodle soup by watching this tutorial. #turkeycarcasssoup
#turkeynoodlesoup #leftoverturkey #turkeyleftovers #turkeybonebroth
Visit my Amazon affiliate store through this link: https://amzn.to/2NFTs6W. Once you’re in, shop and search where you like.
Share Best Turkey Carcass Soup | How to Make Turkey Noodle Soup with this link: https://youtu.be/WL4FovEG_BY
Check out the Grove Collaborative and possibly get free products with this link: https://www.grove.co/referrer/34203904/.
My Go-to Makeup Kit: https://kit.com/DeniseJordan/my-makeup-kit
My Favorite Gardening Solutions: https://kit.com/DeniseJordan/favorite-gardening-tools lets you check out my favorite gardening tools.
My Favorite Cleaning Solutions: https://kit.com/DeniseJordan/cleaning-solutions
My Tech Gear: https://kit.com/DeniseJordan/my-tech-gear
My Curtis Stone 13 piece cookware set: https://amzn.to/2NFTs6W.
My Household Appliances: https://kit.com/DeniseJordan/household-appliances
This and That with Denise Jordan is a family friendly, life style channel that teaches women to make wise home, health, and beauty decisions.. That being said, she addresses cooking, cleaning, laundry, planning, and health and beauty. Her favorite subscription box service is Glossybox .
Take a look at Laundry Day |Persil Proclean Challenge | Persil Laundry Detergent at the following link: https://youtu.be/m8uzLDT7ec8.
Get to know more about me in Laundro Chat #1 at this link: https://youtu.be/CuCEfgUBQVM.
See my 30 day decluttering series on This and That with Denise Jordan at this link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLY9dO87sGSy6XmEICl5GHsb6i9iOPjzV.
See my Spring Clean with Me 2018 series at this link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLY9dO87sGSzzyCyVzu6BxVfI5p6Q9l1E.
My Housecleaning solutions
• Dyson V7 Absolute http://amzn.to/2GSyMoX
• White & Tan Cotton Wash Cloths http://amzn.to/2tb8o7C
My Laundry Solutions
• Persil Proclean Laundry Detergent http://amzn.to/2DysfxH
• Oxyclean MaxForce Gel Stick http://amzn.to/2FQa5Ju
My Tech Gear
• Canon 3 ti http://amzn.to/2Gcs2Dl
• Canon PowerShot G7X Mark II Camera http://amzn.to/2FGUUWj
• Rode VideoMic http://amzn.to/2Fu871i
• Lighting Kit http://amzn.to/2Fow9yS
• SD Card for camera http://amzn.to/2tx5REZ
• Diva Ring Light Super Nova http://amzn.to/2FJo08i
• Diva Ring Light 6’ Stand for Nova, Super Nova http://amzn.to/2poaGv9
Stay connected with This and That with Denise Jordan:
• Email: email@example.com
• Facebook: @thisandthatwithdenise
• Twitter: @DeniseT_T
Some links are affiliate links which help to support the channel.
About this video:
In Best Turkey Carcass Soup | How to Make Turkey Noodle Soup, Denise Jordan of This and That with Denise Jordan uses leftover turkey and the leftover turkey carcass to make turkey stock. This how to video shows you what to do with that turkey carcass so you end up with the Best Turkey Carcass Soup ever. And of course, no turkey soup is complete with the noodles so you end up making an easy turkey noodle soup in the crock pot.
Subscribe for more videos at YouTube.com/c/ThisandThatwithDenise Jordan.
Question about How To Make Turkey Noodle Soup From Turkey Carcass
If you have any questions about How To Make Turkey Noodle Soup From Turkey Carcass, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How To Make Turkey Noodle Soup From Turkey Carcass was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How To Make Turkey Noodle Soup From Turkey Carcass helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How To Make Turkey Noodle Soup From Turkey Carcass
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 42 401307
Search keywords How To Make Turkey Noodle Soup From Turkey Carcass
How To Make Turkey Noodle Soup From Turkey Carcass
way How To Make Turkey Noodle Soup From Turkey Carcass
tutorial How To Make Turkey Noodle Soup From Turkey Carcass
How To Make Turkey Noodle Soup From Turkey Carcass free
Có thể bạn quan tâm:
- How To Keep Onion Powder From Getting Hard Make Onion Powder at Home That Tastes Good and Will Save You Money
- What Are The Main Ingredients Of Margarine Make Your Own Vegan Margarine With a Few Simple Ingredients