You are learning about Quick And Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipes, today we will share with you article about Quick And Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipes ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Quick And Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipes is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||26%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
|Vitamin C 7mg||37%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Put down the phone and pick up the wok: it’s homemade lo mein time. All you need is one pot (well, wok) for this quick dinner. Inspired by PF Chang’s Bistro Beef, flank steak is coated with oyster sauce and wok-fried with sesame oil. It’s tossed in the wok with garlic, scallions, carrot, Chinese cabbage, lo mein noodles, and soy sauce. Go from wok to bowl and enjoy all that umami—and the easy cleanup.
8 to 12 ounces flank steak, or a different cut of steak
For the Marinade:
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
For the Noodles:
8 ounces lo mein noodles, or spaghetti in a pinch
1/4 cup sesame oil
1 carrot, shredded
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup Chinese cabbage, shredded
2 scallions, chopped; reserve some for garnish
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons soy sauce, more to taste
Gather the ingredients.
Cutting across the grain, slice the steak into thin strips.
In a bowl, whisk together the oyster sauce and cornstarch.
Add the beef strips and marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente. Don’t overcook.
Drain and toss with about half the sesame oil and set aside.
Heat about 2 tablespoons of the oil in a wok or large pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and stir-fry to cook to your desired doneness.
Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. You can place the beef on a paper towel to absorb some extra oil.
Add some more oil to the wok if needed. Stir-fry the carrots and garlic, being careful not to let the garlic burn.
Add the cabbage and scallions and stir-fry another couple of minutes.
When the vegetables are still slightly crunchy, add the noodles and beef back in.
Add the sugar and soy sauce. Toss to mix well and heat through.
Serve with some chopped scallions for garnish.
- Place the raw steak in the freezer for about 30 minutes. This will make it easier to cut into thin strips across the grain.
Watch Now: Easy Beef Lo Mein Variation
Video about Quick And Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipes
BETTER THAN TAKEOUT – Beef Lo Mein Recipe (牛肉捞面)
🔪 BROWSE MY KITCHENWARE – https://linkpop.com/soupeduprecipes
❤️ SUPPORT THE CHANNEL – https://www.patreon.com/soupeduprecipes
🥢 PRINTABLE RECIPE – https://soupeduprecipes.com/beef-lo-mein-recipe/
I have made an oyster sauce Lo Mein not so long ago. Even though it was a basic flavor, I got so many compliments. Everybody loves it. Today, we gonna upgrade it into a beef Lo Mein recipe. It is also easy and tasty. The beef is so tender and velvety. The noodles are flavorful. It got lots of umami taste from the oyster sauce. You can also use chicken, pork, shrimp instead of beef and create your own variations of lo mein.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
– 2 portions of noodles (I used fresh egg noodles, about 300 g / 10.6 oz)
– 1.5 tbsp soy sauce (Amazon Link – https://geni.us/VdzA)
– 3 tbsp of oyster sauce (Amazon Link – https://geni.us/tNs0MiT)
– 1.5 tsp of dark soy sauce (Amazon link – https://geni.us/b5BY)
– 3 tbsp of peanut oil (Amazon Link – https://geni.us/i1rH)
– 300 grams (10.6 oz) of beef
– 1/4 tsp of salt
– 1/8 tsp of baking soda
– 2 tbsp of cooking wine (Amazon Link – https://geni.us/IOFkD1S)
– 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce (Amazon Link – https://geni.us/VdzA)
– 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch
– Black pepper to taste
– 1 medium-size onion, sliced thinly
– 3 pieces of scallion, cut into 2 inches long pieces
– Slice 300 grams of beef into 1/8 of inches thick pieces. You can use beef chuck, flank, ribeye, sirloin steak.
– Marinade it with 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/8 tsp of baking soda, 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine, 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch, some freshly ground black pepper to taste. Mix well and let it sit for 20 minutes.
– Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook 2 portions of fresh egg noodles for 2-3 minutes. If you are using a different type of noodles, you have to follow the cooking instruction on the package.
– While waiting for the noodles, you should have enough time to cook the beef.
– I got many people asking me – why is my food sticking to my carbon steel wok? Well, you need to learn how to control the wok heat correctly.
– First, turn the heat to maximum and heat the wok until it is smoking hot. Then add some oil. Be generous with oil amount for this recipe because you want enough oil to coat the noodles so they don’t stick together while serving.
– Give it a toss so the oil will create a slight non-stick surface on the bottom. Wait for the oil to be smoking again. That means the wok is hot enough for you to add the marinade beef. Stir and cook. This way, the meat will not stick to the wok at all. That is how you control the wok heat correctly. We call it 掌握火候in Chinese.
– When the beef is halfway cooked, you should still be able to see some pink color here and there. Add a bunch of sliced onion. Stir for another 15 seconds.
– By now, the noodles should be ready. Quickly take them out. Shake off the excess water. Throw a bunch of scallion into the wok along with the cooked noodles. Turn off the heat. It is important, I will explain why later.
– Add 1.5 tbsp of soy sauce, 3 tbsp of oyster sauce, and 1.5 tsp of dark soy sauce. I will suggest you use a better quality oyster sauce since it is the key flavor. Mix until the seasoning is well combined.
– I turned off the heat right before I add the noodles is because we are making Lo Mein, all you need to do is to stir and mix. If you keep the heat on, then, you are making Chao Mein, which means stir fry noodles. That’s the difference between lo mein and Chao Mein.
– Give it a taste to adjust the flavor before serving because every brand of oyster sauce and soy sauce have a different level of sodium. You can add some toasted sesame oil at the end if you like. I don’t because I used peanut oil when cooking the beef.
– That’s it. You are done. Enjoy!
Oyster Sauce Lo Mein – https://youtu.be/zFIUcRQIThE
Dan Dan noodles – https://youtu.be/1YQ2ieiWY3w
Cantonese wonton noodle soup – https://youtu.be/fT14pV6oxvI
Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup – https://youtu.be/I7gAOx0NWZk
Lan Zhou Beef ramen – https://youtu.be/_OiGJUdpGUI
Shrimp Lo Mein With Ma La Tang Sauce – https://youtu.be/wlTfPxupJko
How to make Chinese Egg Noodles At Home – https://youtu.be/vPFoCNnaqIQ
Question about Quick And Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipes
If you have any questions about Quick And Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipes, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Quick And Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipes was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Quick And Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipes helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Quick And Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipes
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 10 985658
Search keywords Quick And Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipes
Quick And Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipes
way Quick And Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipes
tutorial Quick And Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipes
Quick And Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipes free
Có thể bạn quan tâm: