You are searching about Recipe For Potato Salad With Sour Cream, today edu5.info I will share with you content about Recipe For Potato Salad With Sour Cream ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Recipe For Potato Salad With Sour Cream is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Vitamin C 16mg||80%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A sour cream dressing turns a basic potato salad recipe into something special for your next summer cookout. This salad can be made with russet, red, or Yukon gold potatoes. A waxier potato such as the red potato will hold its shape better after being cooked. You may also enjoy using more than one kind of potato in the dish, perhaps even red, white, and blue baby potatoes.
Sour cream replaces some of the mayonnaise, resulting in a very creamy and slightly tangy potato salad. Serve it at your next cookout as a delicious side dish for grilled meat.
4 pounds potatoes
1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for the potato water
2 medium ribs celery, diced
4 green onions, white and light green parts, chopped
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Black pepper, to taste
Gather the ingredients.
Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Season with salt and bring to a boil. Cook until tender when pierced with a knife and drain.
When cool enough to handle, peel and cube the potatoes.
In a large bowl, combine the cooled potatoes, celery, and green onions.
In another bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Mix.
Add the dressing to the potatoes and toss well. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Cover and refrigerate the potato salad for at least 2 hours before serving for best results. Enjoy.
- This potato salad doesn’t contain eggs, so it is less risky (when made with commercial mayonnaise) to take to a potluck or picnic where it may be at room temperature for an hour or more. However, it should be kept refrigerated before you place it on the table. Leftovers should be promptly refrigerated and eaten within a day or two.
- By boiling your potatoes in salted water, you will be pre-seasoning them and you can use less added salt.
- Leave the skins on the potatoes if you prefer a more rustic potato salad. This also saves you time and the inevitable nicks from the knife or peeler. However, scrub the potatoes well before cooking. Remove any eyes from the potatoes as those contain chemicals that are undesirable.
- An easy method for cooking the potatoes is to cube your potatoes and cook them in a microwave-safe steamer in the microwave. You won’t need to add any extra water and it is easy to test them for doneness. Potatoes will be less likely to crumble or be soggy when cooked in the microwave rather than boiled.
- Make sure your potatoes are cool before mixing. If they’re warm, you can end up with a watery potato salad.
- Substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream or the mayonnaise for a lighter option.
- The recipe will work with reduced-fat or fat-free sour cream if you prefer.
- Add herbs to the potato salad such as fresh or dried dill or chopped fresh parsley.
- A tablespoon or more of dill relish, sweet pickle relish, or chopped pickled peppers can add more flavor.
Video about Recipe For Potato Salad With Sour Cream
Let's Cook: Sour Cream and Onion Potato Salad Recipe
This can be a base potato salad and you can add anything you want to make it full of even more flavor. Also try playing around with different types of onion additions or try adding in some cheese as well.
2 lbs. potatoes
3 medium to large onions
3 tbsp. olive oil
250mL sour cream
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup french fried onions
salt and pepper
Question about Recipe For Potato Salad With Sour Cream
If you have any questions about Recipe For Potato Salad With Sour Cream, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Recipe For Potato Salad With Sour Cream was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Recipe For Potato Salad With Sour Cream helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Recipe For Potato Salad With Sour Cream
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 45 169068
Search keywords Recipe For Potato Salad With Sour Cream
Recipe For Potato Salad With Sour Cream
way Recipe For Potato Salad With Sour Cream
tutorial Recipe For Potato Salad With Sour Cream
Recipe For Potato Salad With Sour Cream free
Có thể bạn quan tâm: