You are learning about Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ground Turkey And Rice, today edu5.info I will share with you content about Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ground Turkey And Rice ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ground Turkey And Rice is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 34g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||66%|
|Total Carbohydrate 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Vitamin C 42mg||210%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These light and delicious stuffed peppers are a great choice for a light lunch or dinner. Stuffed with lean ground turkey, rice, savory spices, and diced tomatoes, this dish is the perfect all-in-one. Serve the stuffed peppers with a salad, roasted vegetables, potatoes, or even a good slice of garlic bread.
Using leaner meat doesn’t mean giving up flavor, as our recipe compensates for the lack of fat in the turkey with spices and fresh herbs. But the amount of fat that you’d like in your dish is up to you: choose ground turkey thighs or a combination of white and dark meat. Ground turkey breast will be leaner, but the filling will not be as moist. If you’re looking for a richer filling, use beef instead, or turkey with a greater ratio of fat to meat than the usual 93 percent: a 100-gram serving of uncooked 93-percent lean ground turkey has over 8 grams of fat, whereas the same amount of uncooked beef has over 20 grams of fat.
To keep your peppers with the appropriate amount of moisture, the rice and turkey need to be appropriately cooked before stuffing the peppers, as uncooked filling ingredients can make stuffed peppers watery.
4 to 5 large bell peppers (assorted colors)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
1 cup canned diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, divided (approximately 2 cups)
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 325 F. Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds, and arrange the peppers in a shallow rimmed baking pan. To keep your pepper halves from tipping or leaning, if needed carefully slice a very thin piece off of the bottom to stabilize them.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and onion and cook, turning frequently, until the turkey is fully cooked and no longer pink.
Add the garlic, chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Sauté for about 1 to 2 additional minutes.
Add the cooked rice, tomatoes, and parsley and stir to mix well. Add about 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
Stuff the peppers with the turkey and rice mixture. If there is a wobbly pepper, lean it against another stuffed pepper to keep it in place. Add about 1 cup of hot water to the pan and bake the stuffed peppers for 25 minutes. Top each pepper with some of the remaining cheese and continue to cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the filling is hot.
Transfer the stuffed peppers to a serving platter or individual plates. Enjoy!
How To Store and Freeze
- Refrigerate leftover stuffed peppers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- To freeze stuffed peppers, put the cooled stuffed peppers in resealable food storage bags or airtight freezer containers. Freeze the peppers for up to 3 months.
- To freeze a whole batch of stuffed peppers, let them cool and arrange them in a baking dish or casserole. Cover with foil and then wrap in cling wrap.
- To reheat frozen stuffed peppers, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 350 F for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the center of the filling registers at least 165 F.
- Replace the white rice with cooked brown rice or bulgur wheat.
- Add a minced jalapeño pepper to the filling or add a dash of ground cayenne pepper for a spicier version.
- Use pepper jack cheese or a Mexican blend instead of cheddar.
- Use ground chicken, pork, or beef instead of turkey.
- Types of Sweet Peppers
- How To Core and Seed a Bell Pepper
- How To Make Basic White Rice
Beef, Ground. FoodData Central. United States Department of Agriculture.
Video about Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ground Turkey And Rice
Easy + Healthy Ground Turkey and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers!
Here’s a super quick and easy recipe for healthy ground turkey stuffed bell peppers! They’re great for meal-prepping, too! Hope you enjoy! ❤
6 large bell peppers, any color
2 cups wild rice, cooked
1 lb. 93% Lean ground turkey
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced
1 16 oz. jar crushed tomatoes
Seasonings of choice
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your rice and set aside. You will need two cups of cooked rice.
2. Cut off the tops of the peppers remove the seeds, trim the bottoms to help them sit flat in the skillet and rinse thoroughly.
3. In a large skillet add the olive oil, garlic and onion, saute until tender. Add the turkey and brown until thoroughly cooked.
4. Add the crushed tomatoes, rice, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and stir until blended.
5. Fill the peppers evenly with the mixture, place in a lightly greased 10 inch cast iron skillet, or baking dish of your choice. Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Remove and add the remaining cheese to the top of peppers and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Follow me on Social Media!
Snapchat username: ztauxe
A Way for Me – Nicholai Heidlas
Electrodoodle – Kevin MacLeod
A Long Cold (Sting) – Riot
Question about Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ground Turkey And Rice
If you have any questions about Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ground Turkey And Rice, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ground Turkey And Rice was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ground Turkey And Rice helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ground Turkey And Rice
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 88 728751
Search keywords Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ground Turkey And Rice
Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ground Turkey And Rice
way Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ground Turkey And Rice
tutorial Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ground Turkey And Rice
Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ground Turkey And Rice free
Có thể bạn quan tâm:
- What Kind Of Food Do They Eat In Scotland Scottish Food Doesn’t Get More Traditional Than With a Stovies Recipe