You are searching about What Are The Ingredients For Tuna Salad, today we share with you content about What Are The Ingredients For Tuna Salad ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic What Are The Ingredients For Tuna Salad is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 1g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||2%|
|Total Sugars 1g|
|Vitamin C 1mg||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Southerners know how to make the best-tasting tuna salad sandwiches. The chopped hard-boiled egg and chopped dill pickle or dill relish are typical additions to a Southern-style tuna salad. Or, for a sweeter flavor, use chopped bread and butter pickles or sweet relish in the filling. To stretch the tuna further, add an extra hard-boiled egg.
This tuna salad recipe calls for canned or packaged white tuna, but feel free to use fresh poached albacore tuna (see below). White or albacore tuna is mild in flavor. If you prefer a stronger tuna flavor, you may choose to use light canned tuna, which might include skipjack, tongol, or yellowfin. You might even choose to use tuna packed in oil if you prefer that flavor.
Serve these sandwiches with potato chips or french fries for a satisfying lunch or sandwich supper. Or serve them with a cup of tomato soup. If you prefer a low-carb option, serve the tuna salad on lettuce leaves with sliced tomatoes or avocado wedges.
For Tuna Salad:
1 (7-ounce) can tuna
1 to 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
1 large egg, hard-boiled, finely chopped
3 tablespoons mayonnaise or more, as needed
1 tablespoon finely chopped dill pickle, dill relish, or 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped dill
1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion, chopped parsley, or Dijon mustard, optional
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
To Assemble Sandwich:
Sliced tomato, optional
Gather the ingredients.
Transfer tuna to a medium bowl and flake with a fork.
Add celery and egg to tuna, along with mayonnaise and chopped dill pickle. If desired, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion, chopped parsley, or Dijon mustard.
Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed, and more mayonnaise, if desired.
Toast or grill bread or rolls, if desired.
Line bread or rolls with lettuce leaves and spread tuna salad on lettuce. Add a slice or two of thinly sliced tomato, if desired.
Serve tuna sandwiches with sliced dill pickles and potato chips or french fries.
Glass Bakeware Warning
Do not use glass bakeware when broiling or when a recipe calls to add liquid to a hot pan, as glass may explode. Even if it states oven-safe or heat-resistant, tempered glass products can, and do, break occasionally.
- If you wish to use fresh albacore turn, you can poach it to use instead of canned tuna. Put two to three (4-ounce) albacore tuna steaks in a sauté pan of simmering salted water. Cook until the tuna is cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well and flake the fish. Continue with the recipe.
- To make hard-boiled eggs, place one or two large eggs in a small saucepan and cover with water to a depth of about 1 inch above the egg. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover the pan and remove it from the heat. Let stand without removing the cover for about 15 minutes. Pour cold water over the egg. When the egg has cooled, peel and chop it, and then add the chopped egg to the tuna salad.
- This tuna salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- You can substitute 1 to 2 teaspoons of finely chopped dill for the dill pickle in the tuna salad.
- For extra color and flavor, add some fresh chopped chives or parsley to the tuna salad.
- Add zing to the filling with 1 teaspoon or more of yellow mustard, Creole mustard, or spicy mustard along with the mayonnaise.
- As an alternative to bread, serve in a large tomato cut into a fan shape to hold the salad.
- For a tuna melt, heap the tuna salad onto bread, and top with cheese and a slice of tomato. Broil open face, brown in a skillet, or use a panini press to heat the sandwich.
Video about What Are The Ingredients For Tuna Salad
BEST TUNA SALAD RECIPE | easy & healthy
Tuna salad is a light and fresh comfort food classic. Made with a few simple ingredients it’s an easy, flavorful and healthy lunch or dinner recipe.
Serve tuna salad in a sandwich, wrap it in lettuce, or stuff it in avocado halves for a healthy, throw-together meal. You really can’t beat a classic tuna salad, and this version is the best! Enjoy!
Printable Recipe: Tuna Salad: https://downshiftology.com/recipes/tuna-salad/
Sign up for weekly emails (never miss a recipe!): https://mailchi.mp/downshiftology/youtube/
Join the private Facebook group of fellow Downshifters around the world: https://www.facebook.com/groups/downshiftologycommunity/
Canned Tuna: https://amzn.to/3bRIpDW
Gluten-Free Bread: https://amzn.to/2UFoSki
ALWAYS IN MY KITCHEN:
Counter Stools: http://bit.ly/2tUNvZG
Vitamix Blender: https://amzn.to/2NjFp75
Tea Kettle: http://amzn.to/2uuNSMp
Utensil Holder: http://bit.ly/2tVfGaH
Flour Jars: http://bit.ly/2tV6C5y
Knife Set: http://bit.ly/2tUGzMa
Cutting Board: https://amzn.to/2Vskgv9
Glass Mixing Bowls: https://amzn.to/2L2hx6O
For everything else I use in my videos, check out the SHOP page on my website: https://downshiftology.com/shop
The music I use: https://bit.ly/2Ms5nF2 – Great music for YouTubers!
Long-Sleeve Tee: https://bit.ly/2JF702t
Linen Apron: http://bit.ly/2twA32E
Disclaimer: product links may include affiliate links.
#tunasalad #tunarecipe #healthyrecipes
Question about What Are The Ingredients For Tuna Salad
If you have any questions about What Are The Ingredients For Tuna Salad, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article What Are The Ingredients For Tuna Salad was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article What Are The Ingredients For Tuna Salad helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles What Are The Ingredients For Tuna Salad
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 71 224 448
Search keywords What Are The Ingredients For Tuna Salad
What Are The Ingredients For Tuna Salad
way What Are The Ingredients For Tuna Salad
tutorial What Are The Ingredients For Tuna Salad
What Are The Ingredients For Tuna Salad free
Có thể bạn quan tâm: