You are searching about What Are The Ingredients In Hot And Sour Soup, today edu5.info I will share with you content about What Are The Ingredients In Hot And Sour Soup ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic What Are The Ingredients In Hot And Sour Soup is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Hot and sour soup is a classic Chinese dish. It’s easy to make your own. If you’d like, feel free to add 2 or 3 teaspoons of finely chopped ginger.
- 1 square tofu (fresh, if possible)
- 2 ounces pork tenderloin (cooked)
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots
- 2 tablespoons black fungus (Wood Ear, or Cloud Ear fungus, or 3 to 4 Chinese dried black mushrooms or fresh mushrooms)
- 1 small handful lily buds (dried)
- 6 cups water (or 6 cups water and 1 cup Campbell’s chicken broth)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (granulated)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (red, white rice vinegar, or red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolved in 1/4 cup water)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 green onion (finely chopped)
- White pepper to taste (no more than 1 tablespoon)
- Optional: chili oil (hot, to taste)
- For the Marinade:
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch (or cornstarch)
Shred pork. Mix marinade ingredients and marinate the pork for 20 minutes.
Cut tofu into small squares. Cut bamboo shoots into thin strips and then into fine slices. To reconstitute the fungus, soak in warm water for 20 minutes. Rinse, and cut into thin pieces. (If substituting Chinese dried mushrooms, soak to soften, then cut off the stems and cut into thin strips. If using fresh mushrooms, wipe clean with a damp cloth and slice.)
To reconstitute the dried lily buds, soak in hot water for 20 minutes or until softened. Cut off the hard ends.
Bring the water to a boil. When it is boiling, add the bamboo shoots, fungus or mushrooms, and the lily buds. Stir. Add the tofu. Bring back to a boil and add the marinated pork.
Stir in the salt, sugar, soy sauce and vinegar, and sesame oil.
Test the broth and adjust the taste if desired. (If using chicken broth, you may want to add a bit more rice vinegar).
Mix the cornstarch and water. Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the soup, stirring while it is being added. Let the broth come back to a boil. As soon as it is boiling, remove the broth from the stove.
Slowly drop in the beaten egg, stirring in one direction at the same time. Add the green onion and the white pepper to taste. Drizzle with chili oil if desired. Serve hot.
- Hot and sour soup can be prepared ahead of time and frozen. If you are planning to freeze it, make the soup and leave out the tofu. When ready to serve, thaw the soup, add the tofu and bring to a boil. When the soup is boiling, add the egg. Adjust the ratio of water to chicken stock as desired.
- The bamboo shoots, mushrooms, fresh tofu, and lily buds can be found at better grocery stores in the international aisle or in Asian grocery stores.
- For a vegetarian version of the hot and sour soup, leave out the pork.
- If you have leftover cooked pork tenderloin, don’t use the tenderloin in the recipe and simply add your leftovers to the marinade.
- If you cannot find the lily buds, feel free to omit them from the recipe.
- For a heartier soup, add frozen wontons or dumplings to the boiling soup and cook them in the broth.
Video about What Are The Ingredients In Hot And Sour Soup
Question about What Are The Ingredients In Hot And Sour Soup
If you have any questions about What Are The Ingredients In Hot And Sour Soup, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article What Are The Ingredients In Hot And Sour Soup was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article What Are The Ingredients In Hot And Sour Soup helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles What Are The Ingredients In Hot And Sour Soup
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 84 655365
Search keywords What Are The Ingredients In Hot And Sour Soup
What Are The Ingredients In Hot And Sour Soup
way What Are The Ingredients In Hot And Sour Soup
tutorial What Are The Ingredients In Hot And Sour Soup
What Are The Ingredients In Hot And Sour Soup free
Có thể bạn quan tâm:
- What Kind Of Food Do They Eat In Scotland Scottish Food Doesn’t Get More Traditional Than With a Stovies Recipe