You are learning about What Does It Mean To Grease And Flour A Pan, today we share with you article about What Does It Mean To Grease And Flour A Pan ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic What Does It Mean To Grease And Flour A Pan is useful to you.
Get Ready to Bake
Baking is a rewarding hobby that makes you feel creative. And you have something delicious to eat and share with family and friends when you’ve finished. It’s a win-win situation. Success with every recipe depends on following the instructions, using the right ingredients, and having the right tools. In baking, those tools usually include the pans you bake your masterpiece in. And preparing them correctly is the first step toward a scrumptious ending. Greasing and flouring the pans keeps your baked treat from sticking to the pan.Continue to 2 of 7 below.
Begin With a Clean Pan
Before you begin, make sure the pan or pans you want to use are clean and dry. If your pan isn’t in perfect condition, make that happen.Continue to 3 of 7 below.
Grease the Pan
It’s always best to use a good quality solid vegetable shortening when greasing your pans. You can use a folded paper towel to grease the pan, but you can also use a brand-spanking-new, never been used, 2-inch wide paintbrush. If you choose this method of application, use the brush specifically and only for greasing pans. You can also use silicone pastry brushes. Whichever type of applicator you use, make sure the grease completely covers the inside of the pan.Continue to 4 of 7 below.
Add the Flour
Once the pan is completely greased, add about one teaspoonful of flour to the pan. The measurement doesn’t have to be exact. You can just guess on the amount of flour, but don’t overdo it.Continue to 5 of 7 below.
Flour the Bottom
With the pan bottom parallel to the kitchen counter, gently shake the pan back and forth. This will help to evenly disburse the flour in the bottom of the pan.Continue to 6 of 7 below.
Flour the Sides
To flour the sides of your pan:
- Tilt the pan up on its side.
- While holding the pan in one hand, gently tap it with the flat part of your other palm, as if tapping a tambourine.
- Once one side is floured, continue to turn and tap the pan until each side is covered with flour.
If you’re flouring another already greased pan, hold the first pan over the second pan. Then tap the excess flour into that pan by gently tapping the bottom of the first pan. Add additional flour to that pan, if necessary.
If you are not flouring a second pan, tap out the excess either into the trash or the sink. If it’s going into the sink, be sure to rinse it immediately. If left for a while, wet flour tends to harden, making cleanup more extensive.Continue to 7 of 7 below.
Add the Batter
Now the pan is ready for the batter. If you are using two pans to bake a layer cake or two loaves of quick bread, for example, be sure to evenly divide your batter. If any excess or drips end up on the sides or lip of the pan, remove them before you pop the pan into the oven. If the drips are left on during cooking time, they will bake onto the pan and make for a more difficult cleanup.
Allow your baked goods to cool at least a couple of minutes in the pan before you remove them. Some recipes include a suggestion about cooling time; follow your recipe for best results.
Video about What Does It Mean To Grease And Flour A Pan
How to Grease and Flour a Cake Pan
Check out Bas Rutten’s Liver Shot on MMA Surge: http://bit.ly/MMASurgeEp1
In this video, Chef Eric Crowley shows you how to grease and flour a cake pan.
What You’ll Need
* Professional-style cake pan
* Parchment paper
1. Cut a piece of parchment paper just larger than the size of the pan.
2. Fold the sheet of parchment paper in half. Fold the paper corner to corner. Continue folding diagonally, using the center point of the entire sheet as the starting point for the folds. The end result should appear as a very narrow triangle.
3. Place the center point of the paper in the center of the cake pan. Use your fingers to mark where the bottom edge of the pan meets the paper. Cut the paper at that mark.
4. Unfold the paper, which should create a circle, and place it in the bottom of the pan. Ensure it fits evenly or trim as necessary.
1. Begin with a dry cake pan and clean hands. Use a one-piece (not a Springform pan), professional-style cake pans for best results.
2. Grab a small amount of softened butter with your fingers.
3. Rub the butter on the bottom of the cake pan and up the sides. Pay special attention to the corner where the bottom meets the side to make sure that area is greased as well.
4. Make sure the inside of the pan is completely and lightly greased. Remove any excess butter.
1. Place a small amount of flour in the cake pan.
2. Shake the pan gently to allow the flour to be evenly distributed in the pan. It will stick to the butter.
3. Continue to distribute the flour including holding the pan vertically and rolling it around so the flour can stick to the sides of the pan.
4. Turn the pan upside down and tap to remove the excess flour.
5. Spread a small amount of butter on one side of the parchment paper circle. Work from the center out.
6. Place the parchment paper circle in the bottom of the pan, butter side up.
7. Add a small amount of flour to the pan. Shake and tap the pan to distribute the flour over the buttered parchment paper. Tap the pan to remove any excess flour.
Read more by visiting our page at:
Question about What Does It Mean To Grease And Flour A Pan
If you have any questions about What Does It Mean To Grease And Flour A Pan, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article What Does It Mean To Grease And Flour A Pan was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article What Does It Mean To Grease And Flour A Pan helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles What Does It Mean To Grease And Flour A Pan
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 51 015119
Search keywords What Does It Mean To Grease And Flour A Pan
What Does It Mean To Grease And Flour A Pan
way What Does It Mean To Grease And Flour A Pan
tutorial What Does It Mean To Grease And Flour A Pan
What Does It Mean To Grease And Flour A Pan free
Có thể bạn quan tâm:
- How To Make Polish Sausage And Sauerkraut Bring This Simple Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut to any Party
- How To Cook Polish Sausage And Sauerkraut Easy Slow Cooker Kielbasa With Sauerkraut and Sliced Apples