You are learning about What Goes With Shepherd'S Pie As A Side, today we share with you article about What Goes With Shepherd'S Pie As A Side ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic What Goes With Shepherd'S Pie As A Side is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 36g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||74%|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Vitamin C 17mg||87%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Shepherd’s pie may seem like a time-consuming dish, but it’s a classic comfort food casserole whose origins are born of kitchen economy: a great way to use up leftovers from the Sunday roast. This shepherd’s pie recipe eliminates a lot of the prep because it calls for quite a few leftover ingredients, including roast beef or lamb with a fluffy mashed potato topping—also leftovers. (Fun fact: If it’s made with beef, it’s commonly referred to as cottage pie.)
If you don’t have leftover roast beef or lamb, you can use browned lean ground beef or lamb. Diced leftover roasted pork loin can be used, too. If you don’t have leftover mashed potatoes on hand, you can certainly make some. The recipe requires adding an egg yolk to the mashed potatoes, a step that not only adds some creaminess to potatoes but helps add some structure, too.
Shepherd’s pie is certainly a meal unto itself, but if you like, a simple green salad is a nice option to serve with it, along with dinner rolls and green beans.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, or margarine
1 large onion, quartered and sliced
2 cups diced leftover roast beef, or lamb
2 cups beef gravy, homemade or store-bought
1/2 cup diced cooked carrots
1 cup thawed frozen peas
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 large egg yolk, beaten
2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
Gather the ingredients.
Heat the oven to 400 F. Grease a 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
In a heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender.
Add the diced beef or lamb to the skillet along with the prepared gravy, carrots, and peas. Stir to blend.
Heat through and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Transfer the meat and vegetable mixture to the prepared baking dish.
Put the mashed potatoes in a large bowl. Add the egg yolk to the mashed potatoes and beat until well blended.
Spoon the potatoes evenly over the shepherd’s pie meat and vegetables.
Bake the shepherd’s pie in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until mashed potatoes are browned and the gravy is bubbling.
- If the mashed potatoes are very stiff from the refrigerator, warm them briefly in the microwave or in a skillet or saucepan on the stovetop before adding the egg yolk and proceeding with the recipe.
- For a fancy look, put the potatoes in a pastry bag and pipe the potatoes through a large decorative tip.
- Ground beef or ground lamb: Add about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef or lamb to the skillet with the onions. Cook, stirring and turning frequently until the meat is no longer pink. Continue with the recipe.
- Hash brown topping: Shred 2 baking potatoes with a box grater or shredding disk of a food processor. Toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of flour, the beaten egg yolk, and 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle evenly over the meat mixture and sprinkle with paprika. Bake until the potato topping is browned.
- Add about 1/2 cup of sliced celery to the skillet with the onion for some added green.
- If you like venison, try this Luxury Venison Shepherd’s Pie.
Video about What Goes With Shepherd'S Pie As A Side
Classic Shepherd's Pie | Gordon Ramsay
Gordon’s take on a real British classic. The secret to this dish? It’s all in flavouring the mince.
From Gordon Ramsay’s The F Word
Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Fit Food/Healthy, Lean and Fit – http://po.st/REpVfP
Text him: +1 (310) 620-6468
If you liked this clip check out the rest of Gordon’s channels:
Question about What Goes With Shepherd'S Pie As A Side
If you have any questions about What Goes With Shepherd'S Pie As A Side, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article What Goes With Shepherd'S Pie As A Side was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article What Goes With Shepherd'S Pie As A Side helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles What Goes With Shepherd'S Pie As A Side
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 14 637355
Search keywords What Goes With Shepherd'S Pie As A Side
What Goes With Shepherd'S Pie As A Side
way What Goes With Shepherd'S Pie As A Side
tutorial What Goes With Shepherd'S Pie As A Side
What Goes With Shepherd'S Pie As A Side free
Có thể bạn quan tâm: