You are learning about What Is The Alcohol Content Of Red Stripe Beer, today we share with you content about What Is The Alcohol Content Of Red Stripe Beer ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic What Is The Alcohol Content Of Red Stripe Beer is useful to you.
With their unassuming stubby bottles and endlessly adorable ‘Hooray beer’ ad campaign it’s impossible to not like the Red Stripe brand. But packaging and marketing do not a beer make. How’s the stuff on the inside of the bottle that is branded as the Jamaican beer?
The Red Stripe Review
I suppose that Red Stripe must be categorized as a light lager. It certainly is not a Pilsner and ‘Jamaican lager’ is not a style category recognized by anyone I know of, so ‘light lager’ it is.
That being said, I must confess that light lagers are not a personal favorite and I generally do not drink it. But I like Red Stripe. (By the way, that’s light as in color and flavor. This is not a diet beer)
Red Stripe pours with a dead-on appearance of the style. It’s color is that of light straw and it’s very clear although with fewer bubbles than other representatives of the style. The head rises white with a medium density and falls rather quickly.
Red Stripe’s aroma is grainy sweet with just a hint of sweet apples. Its flavor follows suit with a generally nondescript sweetness and a healthy carbonation sting on the tongue.
Around the middle of the drink, some hops peek through then quickly scuttle away as a lingering sweetness hangs in the mouth. The beer has a full mouthfeel and a generally fuller flavor than most light lagers.
Where Is Red Stripe Brewed?
It seems like a silly question, right? Red Stripe is, after all, a Jamaican beer and that would mean it’s made in Jamaica. In reality, it depends on where you buy it and it’s complicated.
- All Red Stripe was originally brewed by Desnoes & Geddes Limited in Kingston, Jamaica.
- In 2012, Diageo, then owners of Red Stripe, moved brewing of Red Stripe intended for the U.S. market to City Brewing Co. in La Crosse, Wisconsin, and Latrobe Brewing Company in Latrobe, Pennsylvania (home to Rolling Rock). Production of Red Stripe brewed for Jamaica, Brazil, Canada, and Europe stayed in Jamaica.
- In 2015, two California people sued Diageo for misrepresenting that Red Stripe is a Jamaican beer. This despite the fact that the bottles noted the Pennsylvania brewery.
- In late 2015, Heineken USA purchased Red Stripe from Diageo. In 2016, the company released news that all brewing operations for the brand will return to Jamaica.
About Red Stripe Jamaican Lager
- Pale lager typically classified as an ‘American Adjunct Lager’ and made with Pilsen malt.
- Brewed in Jamaica.
- Brand owned by Heineken USA.
- IBU: 10
- 4.7% ABV
- Visit Their Website
More Jamaican Beers
Red Stripe is not the only beer brewed on the island of Jamaica, it’s just the best-known. If you’re interested in exploring more Jamaican beers, look for these. Some are exported from the island and all can be found when you travel there. It is not a comprehensive list, but they are some of the best.
- Dragon Stout: People in this Caribbean island are quite fond of stouts, and if you are as well, try this dark ale.
- Guinness Foreign Extra Stout: Yes, a slight variation of the popular stout is also brewed in Jamaica. By most accounts, it’s the best beer from the island. It is slightly sweeter and has more roasted notes than the Guinness shipped to the U.S.
- Carib Lager: This beer is popular in Jamaica but is actually brewed in Trinidad and Tobago. It’s a fantastic lager that’s great for a day on the beach.
Video about What Is The Alcohol Content Of Red Stripe Beer
Red Stripe Jamaican Lager Review
Question about What Is The Alcohol Content Of Red Stripe Beer
If you have any questions about What Is The Alcohol Content Of Red Stripe Beer, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article What Is The Alcohol Content Of Red Stripe Beer was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article What Is The Alcohol Content Of Red Stripe Beer helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles What Is The Alcohol Content Of Red Stripe Beer
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 56 418477
Search keywords What Is The Alcohol Content Of Red Stripe Beer
What Is The Alcohol Content Of Red Stripe Beer
way What Is The Alcohol Content Of Red Stripe Beer
tutorial What Is The Alcohol Content Of Red Stripe Beer
What Is The Alcohol Content Of Red Stripe Beer free
Có thể bạn quan tâm:
- What Kind Of Food Do They Eat In Scotland Scottish Food Doesn’t Get More Traditional Than With a Stovies Recipe