You are learning about What To Do With Leftover Leg Of Lamb, today we will share with you article about What To Do With Leftover Leg Of Lamb ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic What To Do With Leftover Leg Of Lamb is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||48%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Vitamin C 18mg||92%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
If you are lucky enough to have leftovers after a scrumptious lamb dinner, this lamb casserole recipe is a delicious way to use them up. It’s made with cooked rice, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, and curry powder, and topped with grated cheese. The casserole is then baked until golden, hot, and bubbly.
It doesn’t matter which part of the lamb the leftovers come from—leg, breast, chops, shank—it will taste amazing regardless. Add a crisp green salad and crusty bread to sop up the juices and your meal is complete.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 cups diced cooked lamb
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans tomatoes, undrained
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
2 to 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, grated cheddar, or other grated cheese
Heat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish. Gather the ingredients.
In a skillet, melt the butter and cook the onion until tender. Add the mushrooms and sauté until lightly browned.
In a large bowl, add the cooked and diced lamb, cooked rice, undrained tomatoes, salt, pepper, curry powder, and sautéed onions and mushrooms with their cooking liquid. Mix gently to combine.
Turn the mixture out into the greased casserole dish. Top with the grated cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Serve hot.
More Ways to Use Leftover Lamb
Lamb is expensive so leftovers come at a premium. Let those creative juices flow and try using it in one of these savory dishes.
- Shepherd’s pie made with cooked lamb, peas, carrots, and a sauce or gravy is topped with fluffy mashed potatoes for a soul-satisfying meal.
- The classic Greek gyro is made of thinly sliced lamb wrapped in pita bread along with cucumber, onion, tomato, and feta cheese. A dressing of tzatziki is the quintessential finishing touch.
- A lamb sandwich made with thinly sliced meat on pita or naan bread with tzatziki sauce has Middle Eastern, Indian, and Greek overtones that deliver a powerful punch of flavor.
- Instead of using beef roast in a Cornish pasty, try making it with lamb leftovers, potatoes, carrots, and celery. You’ll have the original meal-on-the-go favored by Cornish tin miners back in the day that’s perfect for lunch boxes.
- Soup is a great vehicle for leftover lamb. Instead of cooking raw meat with vegetables in Icelandic lamb soup, prepare the recipe and toss in cubes of cooked lamb at the end just to warm them through (you don’t want to toughen the meat or dry out the soup).
- Main-course salads; Greek-inspired tacos with mint, grilled onions, and feta cheese; quesadillas with tzatziki sauce; pita pockets; and pasta dishes are all brilliant ways to enjoy leftover lamb.
Video about What To Do With Leftover Leg Of Lamb
Question about What To Do With Leftover Leg Of Lamb
If you have any questions about What To Do With Leftover Leg Of Lamb, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article What To Do With Leftover Leg Of Lamb was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article What To Do With Leftover Leg Of Lamb helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles What To Do With Leftover Leg Of Lamb
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 21 364 956
Search keywords What To Do With Leftover Leg Of Lamb
What To Do With Leftover Leg Of Lamb
way What To Do With Leftover Leg Of Lamb
tutorial What To Do With Leftover Leg Of Lamb
What To Do With Leftover Leg Of Lamb free
Có thể bạn quan tâm: