You are searching about Whole Cornish Game Hens On The Grill, today edu5.info I will share with you content about Whole Cornish Game Hens On The Grill ] was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Whole Cornish Game Hens On The Grill is useful to you.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 47g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Total Carbohydrate 52g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|Total Sugars 35g|
|Vitamin C 8mg||42%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Cornish game hens are a broiler chicken that is mostly comprised of white meat only. Also known as poussin, the Cornish hen has a delicate flavor and is often roasted whole or barbecued. There are many ways to season and prepare Cornish hens, like with orange marmalade or spice.
This glazed Cornish hens recipe is great for single servings or entrees for dinner parties or holiday meals. You can serve the hens straight out of the oven, as you would a roasted chicken, with crispy browned skin and moist, tender meat. Sides that go great with the hen include roasted or steamed vegetables, baked or mashed potatoes, or a simple salad.
Derived from The Woman’s Day Cookbook by Kathy Farrell-Kingsley, the following recipes highlight seven different delicious sauces that take less than 10 minutes to make and give some pizzazz to Cornish hens. You can also use these ideas for roast chicken by increasing the cooking time accordingly.
Watch Now: Delicious Cornish Game Hen With Apricot Glaze Recipe
4 (1 to 1 1/4-pound) Cornish game hens
Glaze or rub ingredients of your choice, see below
If you want to dress up your Cornish game hens, prepare the hens before roasting with one of the rubs detailed below. Add the glazes in the last 15 or 20 minutes of roasting, as noted.
Roast the hens at 375 F for about 1 hour, regardless of the glaze or rub you choose (or if you choose not to add one at all).
When the juices run clear (when a thigh is pierced with a knife) and a meat thermometer registers 170 F, the hens are done.
Serve Cornish game hens simply roasted out of the oven or with one of the variations detailed below.
Glass Bakeware Warning
Do not use glass bakeware when broiling or when a recipe calls to add liquid to a hot pan, as glass may explode. Even if it states oven-safe or heat resistant, tempered glass products can, and do, break occasionally.
- Apricot Glaze: Mix 1/2 cup apricot jam, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, and 2 tablespoons honey. Brush the apricot glaze over the hens during the last 15 to 20 minutes of roasting.
- Asian Accent: Mix 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of chicken broth, and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Brush the mixture over the hens and pour a little into the cavities before roasting.
- Citrus Glaze: Mix 1/4 cup of thawed, frozen orange juice concentrate, 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, and 2 tablespoons of honey until well-blended. Brush the glaze over the hens during the last 15 to 20 minutes of roasting.
- Garlic-Herb: Mix 2 tablespoons of minced fresh garlic, 2 teaspoons of finely chopped fresh thyme, 2 teaspoons of finely chopped fresh rosemary, and 2 teaspoons of finely chopped sage. Loosen the breast skin of each hen and rub one-quarter of the mixture under the skin of each bird.
- Lemon-Basil: Rub the outside of the hens with a cut lemon and brush with melted butter. Place one lemon half and a sprig of fresh basil into each cavity.
- Mexican Spiced: Rub the outside of the hens with packaged taco seasoning and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Mustard-Herb: Coat the outside of each hen with about 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard. Sprinkle with a mixture of dried tarragon, basil, and thyme. Deglaze the pan after roasting with 3/4 cup of white wine and serve with the pan juices.
Video about Whole Cornish Game Hens On The Grill
Grilled Cornish Hens | Weber | HauseBBQ
Today I grilled/smoked some Cornish Hens for an upcoming baby shower. We plan to make Chicken Salad and some Buffalo Chicken Dip. This cook is one of the shorter cooks but by making the hens this way I added that BBQ flavor we all love. Check it out!
#CornishHen #Weber #BBQ #HauseBBQ #Food #Recipe
Question about Whole Cornish Game Hens On The Grill
If you have any questions about Whole Cornish Game Hens On The Grill, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Whole Cornish Game Hens On The Grill was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Whole Cornish Game Hens On The Grill helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Whole Cornish Game Hens On The Grill
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 74 828228
Search keywords Whole Cornish Game Hens On The Grill
Whole Cornish Game Hens On The Grill
way Whole Cornish Game Hens On The Grill
tutorial Whole Cornish Game Hens On The Grill
Whole Cornish Game Hens On The Grill free
Có thể bạn quan tâm: